Tragedy in Palermo

Alex made a false statement. Then he backtracked pathetically. And even had to use an alt login to back himself up.

he's clearly a child.

deal with it.

I'm out...

Ellsou you are clearly the child for HIJACKING my thread . The topic is Tragedy in Palermo not winning brownie points against other members.

I thought this was all the fun of driving and walking..a throwback to the quads and bipes ..at least in flicks...the reptilian posterior gray madder is great for the immediate transition of the butt to face orwellian transmorgification of third whirlers with buckwheatitus...

The disease is the 'me first' attitude. I've lived here on and off for 10 years and have made some great Argentine friends but regardless of what anyone might say, Argentines always think of themselves first and foremost to the detriment (sometimes fatal) of anyone else. This is the reason why they default loans, order and never pay for things whenever possible, cheat on their spouses, government, business partners. They like to refer to this as a 'jungle' but it's a jungle of their own making.

Such accidents don't happen only to others :
One of the best friends of one of my best friends was severely injured by a colectivo a week ago, http://contintanorte.com.ar/?p=16141 .

She lost a pulmon, all her ribs are crushed, one of her arms is crushed as well (they still don't know if they will amputate her).

She used to play golf, she was practicing painting and sadly her life will be changed forever, if she survives (it seems she will).

Life is fragil

On a side note, my best friend is -of course- devastated and that's a week she lives in some kind of limbos, she even had a traffic accident due to her emotional state.

French jurist said:
Such accidents don't happen only to others :
One of the best friends of one of my best friends was severely injured by a colectivo a week ago, http://contintanorte.com.ar/?p=16141 .

She lost a pulmon, all her ribs are crushed, one of her arms is crushed as well (they still don't know if they will amputate her).

She used to play golf, she was practicing painting and sadly her life will be changed forever, if she survives (it seems she will).

Life is fragil

On a side note, my best friend is -of course- devastated and that's a week she lives in some kind of limbos, she even had a traffic accident due to her emotional state.

So sorry to read about your friend.

Doesn't it seem like there have been to many bus accidents lately? I wonder if the companies are putting pressure on the drivers or something.

mini said:
I wonder if the companies are putting pressure on the drivers or something.

The drivers get some kind of bonus when they are on time. When you get on you can see the driver has this thing that says where he is and how many seconds he is behind or ahead.

Regardless, these accidents are easily preventable. Just look both ways before crossing the streets, regardless if you're on a crosswalk/zebra crossing. They should stop yes, but do you trust them to? I used to drive a motorcycle and the last thing I trust are people behind a wheel.

I drive a motorbike everyday Tigre to Olivos and believe me, it's a roller coaster.
As all bike riders know, we are invisible to anyone behind a steering wheel.
As Perry has stated, bus drivers need some serious education. They simply don't give a damn; pull out into oncoming traffic regardless. No signal, no waiting.
Better to be a mind reader.
I do get mad, but I temper that with being ultra careful and scanning ahead and around constantly.

Gringoboy said:
I drive a motorbike everyday Tigre to Olivos and believe me, it's a roller coaster.
As all bike riders know, we are invisible to anyone behind a steering wheel.
As Perry has stated, bus drivers need some serious education. They simply don't give a damn; pull out into oncoming traffic regardless. No signal, no waiting.
Better to be a mind reader.
I do get mad, but I temper that with being ultra careful and scanning ahead and around constantly.

I take the panamericana on my bike as well, hopefully now I have one that goes a bit faster but I had before a 125cc, hence driving on the right lane and you have those guys in car driving really fast (100 mp/h) passing on the right side and closing you by 2ft.
If some people living near panamericana hear someone yelling french slang on the highway, that's me because I still swear in my native language.

When people here ask me if I drive in Capital, my immediate answer is "Ni en pedo!" And I drove for years in NYC. Driving here quite frankly is a crapshoot and the issues are compounded by lack of respect for lights, people driving without lights at night, stop signs and speed limits being completely optional, people on motorcycles flying up behind you and weaving in and out of traffic, and those drivers who think its perfectly reasonable to attempt to cross from the far left to the far right lane in 2 minutes.

Nope, no way, no how. I'm almost immune when in friends cars - I don't even notice but personally, I would never get behind the wheel of a car in Cap Fed. Outside of, sure, no problem.

Back