Transferring Funds To The U.s.

To the OP - as Nikad said, use a cueva. It is certainly not difficult.

Some rear estate firms offer rentals quoted in US$ but payable in Pesos at the Official rate--!! they are banking on the peso devalution 27% and future mores drastic devaluations.

Wasn't that the name of the agency Charlie's angels worked out of??? Charlie is that you???

There are many ways to get dollars out of the country with pesos, lot of them are only usefull for small quantities 1500 usd per month (family help), others like credit card let you buy thinks in dollars without limit (only the limit of your card) and let you take money out of the country in the Atm with a limit of 800 usd per month per card (20% tax), then you have pay pal and some other ways to do it, you have many ways for small quantities of money, but for large quantities then just go to a cueva they know exactly how to do it for a little comision.

When you are trying to get your pesos out using a cueva I am guessing they have their own account overseas and transfer USD, is the rate they use pretty similar to the blue rate they offer to buy your USD from you?

take your dollars to Uruguay and wire it out or money gram it out

I found this thread through a search for how to get money out of the country.
An Argentine friend of mine needs to start moving money to a dollar-denominated bank account he's opening in a Caribbean country. He can change his pesos into dollars here if he needs to; I understand, from my discussions with him, that the real challenge is just finding a way to move money to the offshore bank. How would someone with a bank account outside Argentina actually move money to it? One factor that might complicate things slightly is that he lives in Mendoza, so I'm not sure if he has access to a cueva to do the transfer for him.

I found this thread through a search for how to get money out of the country.
An Argentine friend of mine needs to start moving money to a dollar-denominated bank account he's opening in a Caribbean country. He can change his pesos into dollars here if he needs to; I understand, from my discussions with him, that the real challenge is just finding a way to move money to the offshore bank. How would someone with a bank account outside Argentina actually move money to it? One factor that might complicate things slightly is that he lives in Mendoza, so I'm not sure if he has access to a cueva to do the transfer for him.
if you have money for offshore accounts you have money to hire a lawyer or advisor who specializes in moving around money "semi-legally".

Back