Transferring money into Argentina to buy a flat

I noted cuevas have opened.

Those sitting on USD and struggling to use Western Unions, 105 is not a bad option versus 109 from Western union.

The peso is in free-fall. This morning my friendly neighborhood cueva was paying 105 pesos per dollar, up from 77 a month ago. Heaven help us....!
ç
Is Hyperinflation around the Block ! The Official rate should near $100 soon..! So farmers sell the production..?

Good choice. It’s a good time not to make long -term commitments that involve a lot of cash that you can’t liquidate easily. Not just in BA.

Will we have soon a Corralito to withdrew dollars form Bank accounts?

53 % of tenants can't afford to pay the rent in CABA. Rental Units less Profitable yet..?

I used Casa Puente years ago when I bought my place here.
You might have to show the source of the $$$ you're planing to transfer. I did.
Casa Puente has been around over 100 years. They were fantastic. I transfer the $$ from my NYC bank account.
I had to do it in two installments. When the money arrived we did the closing right in their office in downtown BA.
I showed up with my escribano, the seller arrived with members of her family. A rep from the Puente Co. was also there at the table.
I'll never forget when the money came. Two guys pushing a small coffee cart with a bill counter and the stacks of US dollars.
After everybody counted the money. I pushed the stacks across the table to the seller and she gave me the keys to my place.
We both signed some papers and that was it. And I've been here ever since. Very happy the way everything turned out.
No regrets. Grateful for the way everything turned out.

I called up Casa Puente today. They said minimum amount to bring is 50,000 usd.. Anyone knows any other safe place to bring lesser/smaller amounts?

Found an option at 3% charges.Its high but serves the purpose.

Right now usd is selling at 124 amongst friends versus 111 at western union + 10 usd fees.

Back