Transferring Money out of Argentina

There is something called "contado con liqui". You can buy AR bonds in usd in the local stock market and sell then in the NY stock market. You should do the research about this.

Andres, I'm very sorry for your loss and now the fact that you're having to go through this frustration, which I know cannot even be confined to the single word frustration. I just wanted to share with you that I completely agree on the unprofessionalism of BBVAFrances. I had some extremely discouraging moments trying to transfer money out under Ayuda Familiar. You are totally right that no one knows what the other person is doing. My request sat in the inbox of the man who had to approve it for over a month, and if I had not walked in and asked to speak to this person myself, nothing would have ever gotten done. This isn't helpful. Just wanted to say I feel your pain and I really hope you find a better solution.

For what it's worth I would give xoom a call. (877) 815-1531 If you can bring $$$ in from a US accnt. I don't know why you couldn't send $$ out.
I used Casa Puente to transfer $$$ from the US when I purchased my place here in 2008. http://www.puentenet.com/home/home.action
There was no Blue rate back then. So the rules of the game have changed. I'm sure they can transfer $$ out for a small fee (of course).

I feel very bad for Andres and hope everything works out for him. But this is also a great lesson for everyone here. Don't sell your property right now if you can avoid it. Just wait. In Argentina, there are times to do things and then there are times to do things. 2001 post crisis was a horrible time to sell your property and now is too. Just wait...and the winds will change soon...

Hi I just sold my moms place in BA and need to figure out how to send the funds to the USA without going thru Banco Piano. They are a rip off. My mom is not able to open up an HSBC account because she does not have funds in Argentina. She gets Social Sec here in the USA and she travels once a year and takes her money. We have 6 weeks for the sale to close. I have to figure out how she can send the funds. If anyone can help I would surely appreciate it. Is there a bank she can open an account with only with her DNI? She does have a DNI.
Thanks so much, Annie

Back