trapped in argentina

mcc

Registered
hi I cannot leave the country the immigration people essentially took me off the plane back to canada yesterday because I had exceeded my stay here.

As a canadian I can stay in argentina as a tourist for 90 days, what I had not caught, until they detained me was that since I was born in argentina that overrides being canadian and it becomes a 60 day limit, which on exceeding I need argentine documents, none of which I have since I have been in canada since I was 2 years old.

So I am asking for help because I am really stuck, I need the DNI, I need the argie passport, and I need to go to cordoba and get a copy of my original birth certificate without which nothing here will move.

I need to know if I can use the DNI to go to uruguay, and then come back and get my canadian passport stamped as entering or if they will stop me again!
please help!!!!! thanx!

Hello
Yes you can go to Uruguay with your DNI or any boundary country but do get in contact with the Canadian Embassy for advise.

My husband suggests you go to Uruguay and fly out of Uruguay or you may be stuck for a year sorting it out. But first contact the Canadian embassy...

Celia said:
My husband suggests you go to Uruguay and fly out of Uruguay or you may be stuck for a year sorting it out. But first contact the Canadian embassy...

The OP says he has no Argentine documents so he's not going to be able to pass through Argentine migraciones to get to Uruguay - unless anyone here is going to volunteer up any 'soft' border crossings they know.

I agree with the majority verdict here: go to the Canadian Embassy.

elhombresinnombre said:
The OP says he has no Argentine documents so he's not going to be able to pass through Argentine migraciones to get to Uruguayquote]
I would chance it that the buquebus officials might let him through since he's within his tourist stamp. Different official, different answer...

mcc you are not trapped in Argentina, you painted yourself in a corner, you should know what will happen if you overstay, I'm sure your parents told you about this.

In any case when you left Argentina with your parents (as 2 years old) you must have a DNI issued to you by the federal police also a passport with the same number, so you do have documents maybe they are/still in Canada but you were issued with those, it's the only way you could possibly leave the country legally, get them and you are half way there but as others are suggesting here go to the Canadian consulate first.

Why have I the feelling that "mcc" is no longer reading what we write?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pmacay Expat Life 2
Back