Travel from BA and to BA

dannythedog

Registered
Hi,
I am planning to do a Semester Abroad in BA :) at the same time my girlfriend wants to volunteer in South America, she thinks of doing it in either Costa Rica or Uruguay (maybe you guys have some suggestions)

We plan to see each other during that time approximately very 6 weeks, any tips on travel and how to make it relatively cheap...? I don't mind being stuck in a Bus for two days or getting a motorbike (ha ha ha!) :) as long as its relatively cheap.

Skyscanner.com tells me its 800 return to CR... and i think thats a lot - any possibility to get it cheaper?

Costa Rica is a farther away from Argentina than you think -- expect to pay at least 1500 USD per flight from here to there, not sure how much it would cost purchasing from CR to here (ie a ticket from USA to Argentina is usually a lot cheaper than vice versa).

Riding a bus to Costa Rica you could plan on at least a week of travel, and a 1-3 day trip on a boat from Colombia to Panama.

Uruguay is a 1.5hr boat trip that costs approx 60 usd -- ask others on the board, I haven't done that trip in years.

I think you're overestimating how far being stuck on a bus for two days is going to get you. From Buenos Aires, that'll get you to what? La Paz perhaps?

Flights are expensive too. My advice? Tell her to pick Uruguay. ;)

Thank you guys.... sorry to ask all this questions, but i prefer to hear real opinions rather than websites :)

do you have any advice from personal experience for volunteer programs in relative closeness (in terms of cost) to BsAs?

Back