Travel Medical Insurance Suggestions

pmacay

Registered
Hello group, we live full time in Argentina and have private health coverage through Hospital Aleman. We don’t have any medical coverage in the USA. Anyone have any thoughts about travel medical insurance? This year we have several trips planned to the USA, Mexico, Europe and Japan. I’m thinking we really need to have some medical insurance while we are traveling.

Anyone have any ideas? My understanding of “Assist” that you see in the airport is that they just “assist” you in finding a doctor or medical care, they don’t pay for anything and is not insurance against medical costs. Am I correct on this?

Thanks for any advice.

Pete & Ron

SquareMouth is probably the biggest travel insurance aggregator site.
You can compare several policies there and then check how much they cost if you buy from the insurance provider directly.

SquareMouth is probably the biggest travel insurance aggregator site.
You can compare several policies there and then check how much they cost when you buy from the insurance provider directly.
Thank you comodoro, this site seems very good. Checking it out now!

I sell April/Coris travel insurance, drop me a line if interested and I'll give you details.

I like World Nomads for traveling. Haven't had any problem with them but minor doctor's visits are reimburseable.

Hello group, we live full time in Argentina and have private health coverage through Hospital Aleman. We don’t have any medical coverage in the USA. Anyone have any thoughts about travel medical insurance? This year we have several trips planned to the USA, Mexico, Europe and Japan. I’m thinking we really need to have some medical insurance while we are traveling.

Anyone have any ideas? My understanding of “Assist” that you see in the airport is that they just “assist” you in finding a doctor or medical care, they don’t pay for anything and is not insurance against medical costs. Am I correct on this?

Thanks for any advice.

Pete & Ron

I've had very good experience with Aetna International as medical insurance. I live most of the year in Argentina but travel a lot to the USA. I've dropped my Argentine coverage and went completely with Aetna a year ago. Have used it in Argentina and the States without a problem...

I sell April/Coris travel insurance, drop me a line if interested and I'll give you details.
Ben do you have an email address ?don't want our personal info to ens up on this post...we need travel insurance. Thanks

Back