Travel Permission For Minor - Fast Escribano?

nativexpat

Registered
Hello!

My daughter and I are traveling next Friday to Uruguay and I just realized that I need to get a travel authorization from her father, since she is a minor.

I know you can do it at your local CGP, but there are no emergency appointments available and I was wondering if anyone can recommend an escribano? Mine is not answering his phone.

One more question for those of you who might be in a similar position: my daughter was born in Spain. She has her Argentine DNI and is a resident. I do have her birth certificate, but the Apostille seal on it is from 2012... do you think this could be an obstacle?

Thanks!

Hello!

My daughter and I are traveling next Friday to Uruguay and I just realized that I need to get a travel authorization from her father, since she is a minor.

I know you can do it at your local CGP, but there are no emergency appointments available and I was wondering if anyone can recommend an escribano? Mine is not answering his phone.

One more question for those of you who might be in a similar position: my daughter was born in Spain. She has her Argentine DNI and is a resident. I do have her birth certificate, but the Apostille seal on it is from 2012... do you think this could be an obstacle?

Thanks!
You can now do this at Registro Civil, and they have an expedited process if needed http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/autorizacion-de-viaje

Thanks Nikad :) , I called them already, but in order to get one of those emergency appointments, I need to show them our tickets. I am not buying the tickets until I know I can travel - that's why I want to check with an escribano.

Thanks again!

Try Mr Carlos Garcia Toledo Sr., near Cabildo and Juramento.
Juramento 2550 5-A
4784-2508 or 4782-1988

We did ours in 24 hours with an escribano (had I pressed, we could probably complete same day, but we weren't in a hurry). Ours are reciprocal and we can travel with any combination of our daughters and documents (US & Argentine passports, and/or DNIs) to any country, forever. (One may consider that too broad, but we were comfortable with that). And we had them do two copies for which we paid almost nothing additional. It struck me in the moment at our appointment--that perhaps in a family emergency or otherwise--my wife might leave with the little one and I might come up after with the older child. If we only had one copy...the other parent and child would be "trapped"

The Apostille should work in perpetuity.

Suerte

We did ours in 24 hours with an escribano (had I pressed, we could probably complete same day, but we we're in a hurry). Ours are reciprocal and we can travel with any combination of our daughters and documents (US & Argentine passports, and/or DNIs) to any country, forever. (One may consider that too broad, but we were comfortable with that). And we had them do two copies for which we paid almost nothing additional. It struck me in the moment at our appointment--that perhaps in a family emergency or otherwise--my wife might leave with the little one and I might come up after with the older child. If we only had one copy...the other parent and child would be "trapped"

The Apostille should work in perpetuity.

Suerte

Thanks! Sounds very convenient. Well tought.

Back