Travel with kids opinion

GuyinBA

Registered
Hi all,

My wife and I have 2 young kids (4 and 6) and want to travel for a week at some (flexible) time during the second half of December from Buenos Aires. A few questions from all of you seasoned travelers here in Argentina. Basically, we are wondering which would be a better, more interesting and more affordable spot to go for the kids for 5-7 days: Barioloche area or Pennisula Valdez? Not sure if the answer is the same for all.

1) We're thinking the vast wildlife at might be better choice for the kids at Penn Val but it also seems a little more boring for this long. True? Seems like there's just more to do in Bariloche area with lakes, etc.

2) We are thinking of trying to stay in an Apart Hotel (apartment hotel) so we can have a room for us and the kids and some kitchen and living space. Does this make sense?

3) Will going to Bariloche be a let down because of the Ash? Can we get better rates there because of this, though?

4) We're likely going to take the Cama Suite bus to either place. Any ideas about planes for foreigners (pretty expenisve, it seems)?

5) Any recommendations on specific, nice, affordable places to stay in either place?

Any help will be much appreciated.. We want to try and decide this by the end of October so we can book.

Thanks everyone!

I live in Bariloche...depends what you mean about being let down with the ash. Ash is flying through the air still. It's on the streets in big piles. Hotels are discounting because of it though. You see people walking through the streets with masks covering their nose and mouth. The airport is also closed now so they can fix it up. Guess they didn't think to do that when it was closed for 3 months already.

Tom and I love the Juyjuy area. We didn't travel with kids, but I think you'll have fun. Fabulous scenery, day hikes, cute towns with affordable nice restaurants (all with the same food, but delish) and boutique hotels. There are lots of young european travelers there mountain biking, hiking,hanging out, so accommodations for them. We flew to Salta, rented a car and drove north, beautiful scenery! We have not been to Barilochi, or Patagonia yet.

Nancy

Back