traveling alone at 16

When I came here with kids that are not mine, even very obvious (another name and another race), they never asked the officlal document/permission which I had with me.

I only want to make sure for the 16 year old traveling alone, that he won't have any trouble at migraciones. (although big, they are still small :rolleyes:)

I'll call the embassy and let you know what they said. Thanks everyone for your replies!

Liam3494 said:
OK - I know this is nothing to do with the OP's question, but if you can fight for your country at 16 (i.e - join the army) - why can't you travel as a tourist ?

I don't think you can fight for your country at 16 -not in Belgium anyway, unless maybe during war, but that was during another era... :confused: and -let's hope- will never happen again...

Liam3494 said:
OK - I know this is nothing to do with the OP's question, but if you can fight for your country at 16 (i.e - join the army) - why can't you travel as a tourist ?

the problem are the different laws in each country. It is like the same question about "what is the minimum age to have legal sex" - each country has other rules ;)

Sorry - I wasn't trying to be flip - But - in some "western countries" you can at 16 (join the army that is).... My son travelled (at 15) as a child of a single parent, without a problem, hope yours can too

Liam3494 said:
My son travelled (at 15) as a child of a single parent, without a problem, hope yours can too

normaly you don't have a problem in Europe (@ shengen) or if your child will travel with one parent but for security if you have a shit guy/women at the migration counter you can come into troubles and nobody want to fly back with the same plane without entering the country.

I called the Argentine emabassy in Brussels. He only needs his international passport and a go-and-return ticket. No special permission, nothing has to be signed or stamped by the embassy.
thanks for your answers!

schef4711 said:
normaly you don't have a problem in Europe (@ shengen) or if your child will travel with one parent but for security if you have a shit guy/women at the migration counter you can come into troubles and nobody want to fly back with the same plane without entering the country.

In Europe (apart from the UK) border controls have all but gone, unless you are traveling from outside the EU.
The problem is that airlines will not allow minors to travel alone, and as it is the airlines, they define what is a minor. So you will never be sent home, but may be stopped from flying.
Also then the rule is a responsible adult, they do not even have to be related.
I know this has nothing to do with the op just thought I would make it clear.

Back