Traveling On Options

I'd choose Victoria in an instant but I'm an outdoors person....if you aren't into fishing and hiking or strolling along the seafront with a bunch of geriatrics then I'd forget it.
Portugal or Spain would be my second choice.
I'm sure Morocco would be nice but it's not for me as I've heard it's a bit like Egypt which is one destination I'd rather forget.

I have spent some time in Agadir and in Tangiers , Nice places but I am not sure I would recommend them as palces to stay in.

I also feel that Morocco will evntually be contaminated by similar problems that occur in other parts of Muslim dominated Africa.

I would go for Malaga , the Algarve and Alicante , in that order.

I should maybe confess that I lived in Malaga for 14 years before arriving in Argentina.

I have spent some time in Agadir and in Tangiers , Nice places but I am not sure I would recommend them as palces to stay in.

I also feel that Morocco will evntually be contaminated by similar problems that occur in other parts of Muslim dominated Africa.

I should maybe confess that I lived in Malaga for 14 years before arriving in Argentina.

I liked Malaga. How does it compare to Arg? Healthcare? Cost of Living? etc? Thanks

I'd choose Victoria in an instant but I'm an outdoors person....if you aren't into fishing and hiking or strolling along the seafront with a bunch of geriatrics then I'd forget it.
Portugal or Spain would be my second choice.
I'm sure Morocco would be nice but it's not for me as I've heard it's a bit like Egypt which is one destination I'd rather forget.

Yeah, Egypt is not on the list. Morocco could end up that way, but not so soon I think.

How about a brief stay in Edinburgh ?

I liked Malaga. How does it compare to Arg? Healthcare? Cost of Living? etc? Thanks

Malaga is a decent place to live

Hot in the summer but bearable because of the sea breeze . Winters are mild

Healthcare is of a good standard . Publi is good but waiting times can be long.
Private health care is of a good standard but i am not sure of the costs at the moment.

Accomomodation to buy or to rent is also reasonably priced at the moment

I go back once or twice a year and find that the cost of living is slightly below Bs As. the only thing that is more expensive is gas , electricity and and water.

Let me know if you have any concrete questions and i will try and help

Malaga is a decent place to live

Hot in the summer but bearable because of the sea breeze . Winters are mild

Healthcare is of a good standard . Publi is good but waiting times can be long.
Private health care is of a good standard but i am not sure of the costs at the moment.

Accomomodation to buy or to rent is also reasonably priced at the moment

I go back once or twice a year and find that the cost of living is slightly below Bs As. the only thing that is more expensive is gas , electricity and and water.

Let me know if you have any concrete questions and i will try and help

Malaga is mafia town. Full of dodgy Russians and Brits with plastic wags. There are better places in Spain or Portugal imho.

Edinburgh . nooooooooooooooooo

I did my three year sentence there back in the late eighties . Got let out for good behavioour!

Beautiful city but strange people....

Yeah, that was what I had heard.

Having traveled through the Middle East rather extensively prior to 2001, I can say alcohol is not verboten, it's just a matter of of how far you are willing to walk to find it (in Damascus we once went about 11km before happening upon a bar that just happened to be the site of an 18th birthday celebration, and we had a fantastic night). And the Saudis wreak havoc around their borders, spilling into Jordan every night to gamble and drink, they were terrible.

Victoria is nicknamed the city of the Newlyweds and Nearly Deads for a reason. It is a nice place for a few days, a nice place to raise a family, but for 6 months I don't know. I think there may not be enough, unless, as stated, you are huge into the outdoors (or at least salmon and halibut fishing). It is pretty for a visit, and I know people who live there who love it (and don't actually fit into either of the above categories, but they almost all work at the University).

Personally if I was going for small town, I would rather go to a small town in Portugal, Spain, or France. We were just in Midi-Pyrenees in August, there are some really lovely towns and a lot of them quite easily connected by train so that you can head off easily elsewhere.

Back