Travellers to be quarantined on arrival

This is horseshit. How do they actually plan to enforce this? If they were serious about preventing the spread of the virus they would ban the flights from landing in the country.

Another typical poorly thought out argentine rule.

This is horseshit. How do they actually plan to enforce this? If they were serious about preventing the spread of the virus they would ban the flights from landing in the country.

Exactly. I don't know how they would even try to enforce this. Or imagine the notification/communication system or even trying to enforce or check in the people getting quarantined. Let's see tomorrow what kind of paperwork is involved upon arriving to EZE. And go from there. But I talked to one of my friends that owns a short-term rental agency and she said it's chaos already as lots of people cancelling their reservations today but I'm wondering how they even found out about this.

Are the airlines notifying people proactively?

Let's see how this plays out tomorrow with the first wave of tourists arriving to Buenos Aires. It sounds like it will be chaotic if they implement it as this says they will. The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing so I can't imagine this will go over too well. Lots of people have no clue about this. I wonder if they will have the option to immediately leave Argentina and opt not to enter? How will that work?

I answered the question about leaving. A friend called his lawyer who researched it. He said that passengers arriving will NOT be allowed to return for two weeks.

That is exactly what I said. Ban the flights but by allowing them passengers get stuck with the cost of the flight and then the cost of two weeks internment somewhere -- a hotel for many (and you know that the hotel will charge the maximum possible). Can you imagine the desperate calls to embassies!

Exactly. I don't know how they would even try to enforce this. Or imagine the notification/communication system or even trying to enforce or check in the people getting quarantined. Let's see tomorrow what kind of paperwork is involved upon arriving to EZE. And go from there. But I talked to one of my friends that owns a short-term rental agency and she said it's chaos already as lots of people cancelling their reservations today but I'm wondering how they even found out about this.

Are the airlines notifying people proactively?

I think people are cancelling because they are afraid of flying. I checked with friends who have flights back to Argentina. They haven't received any notice about this policy.

I flew from BA to Houston last night. I saw the quarantine news upon landing in Houston. I am set to return in 3 weeks. Hopefully this blows over by then.

The US state department put out a travel advisory detailing the Argentine quarantine for travelers. I got an email from the state department late this afternoon.

1583975542320.png

It´s a joke.

Iz

The US state department put out a travel advisory detailing the Argentine quarantine for travelers. I got an email from the state department late this afternoon.

Does it state all the facts contained in the Clarin article? I heard that it downplayed the gravity of the new law.

Back