Travellers to be quarantined on arrival

It says "admisión" it also applies to those that are abroad. So the logic that it applies only to processing applications makes no sense because you cannot apply for those from abroad, you need to be inside the country.

I guess it's meant for Argentine Embassies/ Ah well, will still try to cancel my trip...God know what will happen next.

My building in Palermo
issued a circular today :-

CABA, 12 de Marzo, 2020​

CORONAVIRUS

Como es de público conocimiento a raíz de la pandemia del coronavirus, el Gobierno Nacional ha dispuesto medidas de prevención de carácter obligatorio que de no cumplirlas aplicaría severas sanciones previstas en el art 205 del código penal.

Esta medida será oficial a través de un decreto de necesidad y urgencia que se publicara en el boletín oficial:

- Cuarentena:

Toda persona que llegue de viaje de los países más afectados – China, Japón, Corea del Sur, Rusia, Italia, España, Alemania, Inglaterra y Estados Unidos – tiene la obligación de recluirse en aislamiento en su domicilio durante 14 días.

Por lo expuesto la administración recomienda restringir el uso de los amenities y espacios comunes del edificio por los plazos establecidos (gimnasio – sauna – piscinas – sum – etc.).

Desde ya contamos con su colaboración por tratarse de una verdadera emergencia y evitar así el contagio de la población de alto riesgo.

Atentamente

La Administracion.​

It says "admisión" it also applies to those that are abroad. So the logic that it applies only to processing applications makes no sense because you cannot apply for those from abroad, you need to be inside the country.

The Spanish text is very clear... Maybe you are correct ?. I don't think so. Well interested parties should find out!

City Government recommends for adults aged over 65 , to stay home. Question? many Politicians in Capital are 65 and over? like CFK..

This will have a dramatic impact on expats who are returning to Argentina.
I am in the US now and was set to come back to BA (tourist seeking temp residency visa) in May. I'll obviously postpone buying my tickets now until the world figures this out. A friend of mine who is an Argentine citizen said her husband is traveling from Spain and will have to self-quarantine away from her for two weeks but it's on him to do so. She said there were already two separate people from her building, returning from Italy and Spain respectively, who were told to self-quarantine and still go about their daily routines, not isolating themselves at all. Her encargado says they're in and out of the building as usual. So, again, not sure how they'll know as they're allowing people to quarantine in their homes and it's going to be awfully hard to track and it seems the encargado doesn't care to report them... so, not sure.

As a US citizen, I wouldn't want to travel and accidentally take the virus abroad. I've even canceled two trips here in the States as I'm staying with my father who is 78. Right now people seem to be thinking of how this affects them but would you really want to unknowingly spread this to another country? I would gladly self-isolate for 14 days even if I felt fine. There is so much we don't know about the virus. It's a very small price to pay to do our part and not spread this thing any more than it's already spread. I know it seems rather impossible but this action doesn't seem out of step with what other countries have been doing to lessen the blow of this pandemic. I'm not a "world is ending" kind of girl and I know it's not the plague but I certainly wouldn't want to have come in contact with it and infect folks in a country where the medical system is already overwrought. The US is barely testing for it at this point so I assume it's far-spread here in the States at present. Just like with the hoarding of supplies thinking only inside our own homes while folks with limited incomes can't go to buy toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sanitizing spray or other items. Of course, think of your own well-being but also that of those around you. I'm a bit sad to see how some humans are playing this. Some even stockpiling, clearing shelves only to sell those items online for a 1000% markup. Airlines are allowing no-cost cancelations for the most part. Maybe your vacation can wait awhile? In the grand scheme of things postponing a vacation, self-isolating, not buying markets out of supplies/hoarding...small price to pay to try and quell the virus. That's just my opinion and you're very welcome to disagree. Just food for thought.

And jail.

I am a European citizen with a temp residence in ARG. If I travel to Brasil for a weekend next week and fly back to BA — assuming there is no shift in policy in the meantime — will they let me in? Will they ask me to do a 14 day isolation? I read the DNU and it says ‘EU nationals’ not just people who have been there recent — which I have not.

I'm flying to eze after two weeks in Peru. I'm a us citizen. Am I subject to the quarantine even though I haven't been in the the us for over a month?

If it hasn't cleared up will you quarantine yourself for two weeks?

My company will force me to. We're already having complications getting our contractors back in the country. Although during my 14 days I'm not sure who will check on my whereabouts or bring me food and water....

Back