Travellers to be quarantined on arrival

^^^^^^ I understand it's a bummer to come all the way here (or anywhere else in the world) to get confined in a small hotel room. It is also very expensive and likely unaffordable.
This country lacks the infrastructure, means, smarts and time to take care of its own people, much less tourists at this time. Specially if they represent a potential danger to the rest and are unable and unwilling to stay put for the sake of others.

It's the vector factor, nothing personal.

PS: if they won't respect the quarantine I would deport them or get NorCo on their asses. Their choice.

Iz

I hope it does not become like this here :-

Reports of a rise in anti-foreigner sentiment revolving around the announcement of COVID-19 in Ethiopia. Reports indicate that foreigners have been attacked with stones, denied transportation services, spat on, chased on foot, and accused of being infected with COVID-19.

i have no problems with them being deported. follow the rules, or suffer the consequences.

if you didn't want to be in quarantine you should have modified your travel plans.

Just watched the video. Says the tourists were leaving voluntarily because they chose not to comply with the quarantine.

What a nightmare. You should note if you have an Airbnb rental (owner or tenant) almost all buildings are banning foreigners from entering the building. Even if you can show in your passport that you entered Argentina over 14 days ago. I own units in different buildings and they are banning ALL foreigners from entering the building.

What a nightmare. You should note if you have an Airbnb rental (owner or tenant) almost all buildings are banning foreigners from entering the building. Even if you can show in your passport that you entered Argentina over 14 days ago. I own units in different buildings and they are banning ALL foreigners from entering the building.

The anti foreign feeling created by this virus is unparalleled in Argentinian history . In the last week in the Capital Federal I saw many arrests of tourists who happened to just be out enjoying themselves. Some of them came before the quarantine period but they got caught up with the histeria that has locked down borders and created incredible paranoia

There are now literally 10000s of thousands of tourists stranded in countries many with no money and with no chance of coming home soon . Argentina has over 15000 people stranded overseas now and there are many cases like the one below that people are stuck on borders living rough .

Last edited:
Reality Check just called, they need you there ASAP.

Our prisons are already overcrowded and stuff (potentially and probably) stupid sick people is not a great move.

As soon as the situation gets out of control in our incarcerated population - a matter of months, at best,- it's going to get rough for all of us.
Some Mensa wannabe will likely suggest we start releasing interns.

Iz
Again, the decree says military barracks.

Back