Tren de la Costa

Gringoboy

Registered
Careful how you get charged.
I work in Olivos and if I've got a transport problem, I go from Maipu to Tigre.
Today I bought a ticket and was asked for $16, so I said that MUST be a return, but he misunderstood me and told me a return was $32. I wanted a single.
I honestly think these blokes must think we foreigners are fucking morons. I know how they operate and if they get the slightest wiff of a foreign accent, the tourist tariff is applied. I actually had to show him my DNI to prove my residency, which did not make him a happy bunny.
Just a word of warning, that's all.

Whenever I jump on the train in Retiro they never check tickets....I can't actually remember the last time I bought one. Only once it required a ninja style jump to get out of the station.

BAFinance said:
Whenever I jump on the train in Retiro they never check tickets....I can't actually remember the last time I bought one. Only once it required a ninja style jump to get out of the station.

As the train de la costa doesn't actually go to Retrio, I'm not sure how your response is relevant unless you just wanted to identify yourself as a scofflaw and define "BAFinance" as cheating as much as possible for as little as a peso.

I'd actually be happy to pay...but often the line is so long to grab a ticket I really can't justify standing in it.

tren de la costa costs more than the regular transit lines of trains. If you look it up, on their website the prices clearly state ida @ $16, ida/vuelta @$32 (http://www.trendelacosta.com.ar/site/). Maybe the regular train would be better for you since it should only run you a couple of pesos.

BAFinance said:
I'd actually be happy to pay...but often the line is so long to grab a ticket I really can't justify standing in it.

That's an "interesting" excuse. Don't you know how to use the ticket dispensing machines?

Can you justify standing in line in a store to buy something or do you just walk out of the store with whatever you want without paying?

Have to have coins on you to use those (and when I do, I use them). But the ninja jump is quite fun in a suit!

Gringoboy said:
Careful how you get charged.
I work in Olivos and if I've got a transport problem, I go from Maipu to Tigre.
Today I bought a ticket and was asked for $16, so I said that MUST be a return, but he misunderstood me and told me a return was $32. I wanted a single.
I honestly think these blokes must think we foreigners are fucking morons. I know how they operate and if they get the slightest wiff of a foreign accent, the tourist tariff is applied. I actually had to show him my DNI to prove my residency, which did not make him a happy bunny.
Just a word of warning, that's all.
I get this shit from Tren de la Nowhere all the time. And it's never on time. Then it caps off with the arrival in Olivos and the station is a dirty, vandalized shambles.

BAFinance said:
Have to have coins on you to use those (and when I do, I use them). But the ninja jump is quite fun in a suit!

Ever thought about how you'd look in an orange jump suit?

(If the governemt had the funds to provide them...or if more people in Argentina cared about what's right in the first place.)

Back