Trying to sell a new Macbook Pro for anyone looking!

The higher cost of it here in Argentina is because of local taxes, finally money that makes this country a nicer place to live in.

Nobody really needs to hear your sob story if you're still going to try and make a profit!

It's a second hand computer - rule of thumb (in the civilized world) is that it's worth 50% of what YOU paid for it.

Alzinho said:
It's a second hand computer - rule of thumb (in the civilized world) is that it's worth 50% of what YOU paid for it.

Never mind what he paid for it - half of the LOCAL selling price would seem fair.

Second-hand means used. He never used it, he bought it for someone who failed to pay him for it. So, technically it's still a new computer that he just happened to bring with him to Argentina. I think $2k is quite fair.

EliA said:
Second-hand means used. He never used it, he bought it for someone who failed to pay him for it. So, technically it's still a new computer that he just happened to bring with him to Argentina. I think $2k is quite fair.

I agree, it's new not used.
Plus anyone can always make him an offer. At the end of the day, the "fair" price is what someone is willing to pay & what he is willing to sell for.

mini said:
I agree, it's new not used.
Plus anyone can always make him an offer. At the end of the day, the "fair" price is what someone is willing to pay & what he is willing to sell for.

It's not new! It was bought in January and has someone else's name on the receipt....it's second hand.

Although you're right, it's worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it. Unfortunately there is a culture of unrealistic greediness when it comes to selling things second hand in this country which appears to be infectious. :(

Have you ever tried buying a second hand car here?!

Unless it was real bargain, many would prefer paying a bit more and getting a new computer from a local Mac store, with the original packaging and the store's guarantee. Although Mac stores must service computers bought abroad, they give priority to customers who bought from them.

You can publish it in Mercadolibre.com.ar

I suggest you do on spanish forums such as:

3dgames
PsicoFXP
alkon

etc..

There's no point in publishing here to profit cause many of us can buy it new in the states.

Back