Uber app not working in Buenos Aires

Interesting. So it works with a foreign credit card. Still it makes nervous that there could be credit card fraud.

Uber punished for 2 months last year for using a foreign credit card with a Argentine number and Argentine id. They said its illegal to use a foreign credit card in Argentina. They blocked me for 2 months in my worldwide travels.

I wrote them 100 messages and literally had to "beg" them to unblock me.

I personally use taxis ( usually) in BA..but I am a big user of Uber in Brasil ( where I travel often to) and Uber is almost 1/3rd the taxi prices there, is 100% legal and has dedicated pick up points at almost all the Brasilian airports.

Foreign credit cards with a foreign billing address are legal in Argentina, and work just fine.

Uber punished for 2 months last year for using a foreign credit card with a Argentine number and Argentine id. They said its illegal to use a foreign credit card in Argentina. They blocked me for 2 months in my worldwide travels.

I wrote them 100 messages and literally had to "beg" them to unblock me.

I personally use taxis ( usually) in BA..but I am a big user of Uber in Brasil ( where I travel often to) and Uber is almost 1/3rd the taxi prices there, is 100% legal and has dedicated pick up points at almost all the Brasilian airports.

If you use a foreign credit card on a foreign phone will Uber block you?

If you use a foreign credit card on a foreign phone will Uber block you?

Uber suddenly decided to punish me for using a foreign credit card with foreign address on Argentine number, Argentine id.

Uber suddenly decided to punish me for using a foreign credit card with foreign address on Argentine number, Argentine id.

So you used a local phone and not one from overseas? Then presumably it would be safe to use a foreign phone that gives service in Argentina?
Resistance to Uber in Argentina is just one more example of how the country puts up road blocks to innovation. Make the people suffer to support a poor service.

So you used a local phone and not one from overseas? Then presumably it would be safe to use a foreign phone that gives service in Argentina?
/QUOTE]
yes..local number from personal..

foreign number/ foreign credit will be ok for Uber Arg.

21 June 2018
https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2146323...as-con-el-recurso-que-intento-bloquear-a-uber

Google Translate...
CABA Justice reversed the appeal that tried to block Uber
.......they concluded: "The ruling of the Superior Court determines the unconstitutionality of the blockade, in line with the repudiation of jurists and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, because the blockade violates freedom of expression, the neutrality of the network, federalism and international human rights treaties. "

Back