Uber Update?

I made simulations and got the opposite result.
Anyway, I feel more at ease with legit taxis where I hope the driver is getting paid social contributions and has some sort of laboral protection instead of Uber, where you can be left jobless all of a sudden and with no explanation.

The sharing economy is a great things but it comes for a price, which me might not see or decide to ignore.

Then there is something wrong with your simulation, I have real data.

I'm not sure what is happening to Uber here though. I tried to add my Revolut card and it did not work. Tried to add another cc but it did not work either. After some calls to support i finally get the answer that Uber has problems with Argie banks and do not accept anyone to register a credit card while in Argentina. Tha PayPal options is not available either.

Can anyone confirm that this is for all users in Argentina or just me?

*Edit: No problem registering new cards but payment failed when trying to use it. Paypal option not available in the iPhone app.

No exactly. They get ratings from each customer they work with ( they also give ratings to customers - eg mine is 4.87/5). so basically , if they (the sodding drivers) get too many 1*, Uber knocks them off from the game. Not exactly without a warming.

All these platform reserve the right to terminate an account whenever they feel like to and without giving explanation. It is stated in every contract.

Then you will find sites likes this one for AirbnB hosts, people who maybe invested large sums to buy properties to rent on AirBnB, and/or who left their jobs to work solely as AirBnB hosts and whose account was lost all of a sudden.

About the real cost of sharing economy: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sharing-economy-gig-economy-uber-airbnb-workers-rights-a7575856.html

Now think if that college student at one point decides to drop college because it is so much easier to make money being a Uber driver... and then Uber drops him/her or Uber becomes illegal and all of a sudden he/she is out of work.

I have never used Uber, but I did use and host on AirBnB. It's just food for thoughts.

Then there is something wrong with your simulation, I have real data.

Maybe I made them at awkward times - I don't know if the demand level is a factor on Easy Taxi as it is for Uber.
The nicest part of Easy Taxi is that you have the option to ride an Easy Mascota, i.e. a taxi accepting pets. It costs a little more but it is just so nice that there is such option, isn't it? I wrote to Uber to know how to ride with Serafina-the-cat and they said I should make an Uber request and then contact the driver to check if he/she is comfortable with riding a pet. Too much of a hassle, in my opinion.

I have an enormous distrust of surge pricing . Friday nights in Bs As , I reckon Uber is 50% more expensive than regular taxis.

Especialy be careful, when UBER does not show the price ( doe to some glitch in software) and you order the UBER. It was always be extremely high.

Back