UK riots

Moonwitch said:
No denying that most of the looters in some areas were black...
And yet most charged were white. I guess it was because the blacks can run faster, yeah? :eek:

...but really it was a mix.
This part of your statement was actually accurate.

bigbadwolf said:
The dynamic and momentum is coming from Afro-Caribbean groups. They have been joined by some (white) chav gangs -- opportunistic thieves. But take the Afro-Caribbeans out of the picture and the underclass whites will slink back into the shadows. And for chrissake, post better sources than the one above.

Why has there been none of this in the underbelly of Essex -- roughly from the outskirts of East London to Southend-on-Sea? These towns -- Grays, Tilbury, Purfleet, Benfleet -- are all poor and deprived. But they're majority white. Face the facts.

Wrong again! Keep trying, though.

Is Romford Essex enough for you? This is where the youngest rioter to be charged was looting and, believe me, he wasn't alone in smashing up the high street there and trying to loot Debenhams (I say try, because they failed miserably).

Oh, and guess what... he was white! But of course, he and his cronies could never have done any of that if it wasn't for the dynamic of the Afro Caribbean community leading him astray with their unstoppable momentum.

bigbadwolf said:
The dynamic and momentum is coming from Afro-Caribbean groups. They have been joined by some (white) chav gangs -- opportunistic thieves. But take the Afro-Caribbeans out of the picture and the underclass whites will slink back into the shadows. And for chrissake, post better sources than the one above.
And yet you don't post any sources for your own viewpoint?

Let's not let evidence get in the way of a good rant I guess, hey? :rolleyes:

Smcali23 said:
Is Romford Essex enough for you? This is where the youngest rioter to be charged was looting and, believe me, he wasn't alone in smashing up the high street there and trying to loot Debenhams (I say try, because they failed miserably).

Not really. Places like Romford and Dagenham technically come in Essex but are really part of East London. I'm not denying that white chavs were involved -- but is anyone here seriously saying said chavs would have engaged in looting but for what the Afro-Caribbeans started?

It seems also that the media is bending over backwards to show the rioting was a "mix" of people. Everyone is delicately skirting around the race angle -- it would be "racist" and "bigoted" to point out the facts on the ground.

Incidentally, how many are Brits here? Who actually know London and its environs. Just wondering ...

And yet still no alternative evidence...

And this despite - as I'm sure you'd be at pains to point out - that most of the riot locations have probably occurred in areas with a high proportion of black residents, no? And yet despite this, it seems there are more whites being caught/charged.

Yep, them dang blacks, they be the ones behind the world's ills old boy! :eek:

I'm a Londoner born and bred. I'll be off there tomorrow and then off to Romford next week. Also lived in Essex for 3 years. I'll be sure to let my mates in Romford know that they're not really from Essex ;)

On topic - Many, many sources are showing that there is a great mix of people involved, which is probably the reason why the media isn't playing the race angle. To make it just about Afro-Caribbeans would be inaccurate.

I'll give just one example from today's press:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...g-liam-gallagher-shop-looter-115875-23336667/

Smcali23 said:
On topic - Many, many sources are showing that there is a great mix of people involved, which is probably the reason why the media isn't playing the race angle. To make it just about Afro-Caribbeans would be inaccurate.
Don't go using logic now, you'll ruin some folk's argument! ;)

Back