UK riots

Ashley said:
I was sent this today http://i.imgur.com/B4GsX.jpg
Nothing to do with race, very much to do with a certain type of "yoof" prevalent on British streets...

Holy sh#%, that speaks volumes about the education level. But they all have Twitter accounts and share their lives. I fear that we are lost.

Most of the rioters are not black. If we want to stereo type: African blacks and English white trash are the main culprits.
Asians are almost non existant, because they own (built up by hard work) the businesses that are being trashed..
The main cause (I believe) is complete lack of discipline and two generations of people who have never worked for a living, having spent all their lives on social security.
And who pays? MR average, in higher taxes, higher prices in the shops and higher insurance premiums.
Anyone who believes that the rich will in any way suffer from this is a complete fool.
Britain will never see martial Law, and we will not see the police armed, because we are too soft. In any country in the world there is a simple rule which conforms to international law, unfortunately we are to stupid or soft to use it. LOOTERS WILL BE SHOT

tangobob said:
LOOTERS WILL BE SHOT
Didn't know looting of property had become a death sentence?

That's as stupid a comment as the act of looting is.

perry said:
This is a huge story and one that will change the history of the United kingdom . The government there is preparing for martial law the first time in their history .

Perry I do find you posts great, but when you get onto British history and culture I do wonder where you get your ideas from. I find them really annoying, almost as bad as a Brit giving his misguided views on Argentina. We had some riots that were beamed around the world. We've had them before, and no the government is not preparing for martial law.

CarverFan said:
Citymike, I worked for a couple of years in New Cross / Deptford and never had any problems, although it's different if you're living on an estate there...

I lived near the Peckham estate and I grew up in an estate in Manchester. Yes, there are people who feel that they are entitled to something for nothing but they are the minority. However, they are very visible and I can see they get everybody from an estate a bad reputation.

No denying that most of the looters in some areas were black but really it was a mix. There where lots of white people there. To be honest coverage I have read on the riots hasn't been racist at all. It's people trying to make it racist.

Citymike, I meant that it's different working and living in a place. Also a friend of mine lived on the estate in Deptford high st. and she did find it hard and couldn't go out alone come evening. It was a very enclosed estate that she lived in. Personally, I'd be delighted to have a council place, I was born in London but was priced out of my hometown!

deeve007 said:
Shows how stupid/racist the above comment was/is:

"They were predominantly white, and many had jobs."
http://www.smh.com.au/world/stereotype-of-the-underclass-does-not-apply-20110811-1iowa.html

Maybe find out the full details before posting your bigoted comments next time?

The dynamic and momentum is coming from Afro-Caribbean groups. They have been joined by some (white) chav gangs -- opportunistic thieves. But take the Afro-Caribbeans out of the picture and the underclass whites will slink back into the shadows. And for chrissake, post better sources than the one above.

Why has there been none of this in the underbelly of Essex -- roughly from the outskirts of East London to Southend-on-Sea? These towns -- Grays, Tilbury, Purfleet, Benfleet -- are all poor and deprived. But they're majority white. Face the facts.

Back