Unaffected Middle Class

fifs2 said:
Sympathies to your wife nico and her employer! Unsustainable is the key , especially for us as business owners with 9 years of 20-32% raises.

I agree. Even though this affects us badly, my wife and I can't blame the company for it. Businesses need to stay afloat and when government policies (and union mafia) force pay increases down companies' throats, they have to either put their foot down or leave.

Like I mentioned, only within the last three years, this company increased their employees' salaries by AT LEAST 62% (making it 21% a year). I am sure a lot of other companies (like yours) have done so. They can't afford to do so anymore.

When will this government and the unions get it through their thick skulls that if you choke the life out of a company, you actually stand to lose in the long run? Let them operate in relative freedom and they will thrive, once they thrive, the employees and the state will benefit!

Goddam it CFK!!

EDIT: Forgetting the stupidity of CFK for a second, the way unions work here reminds me of the utter idiocy of the unions dealing with British Airways.

We pay our employees upper middle class salaries and none of them seem to be vacationing abroad this year. They seem to watch their spending, not liking to buy lunch in Palermo for example.

jb5 said:
We pay our employees upper middle class salaries and none of them seem to be vacationing abroad this year. They seem to watch their spending, not liking to buy lunch in Palermo for example.

At what kind of take home salary are you talking then?

Our employees mostly net in the $11K through $20K range.

Back