Unethical Business Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXaXx

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with reporting businesses that at a minimum are unethical, possibly unlawful?

Is there any difference in reporting if the business is owned or run by an expat who is living and working in BA on an expired tourist visa?

Outside of proper channels of reporting, what are the rules around verbally or posting on the internet bad experiences with businesses? (i.e. using these message boards or others like them.)

What do you deem unethical, possibly unlawful business practice? Culturally, some of the things that we would be mortified by are business as usual day to day here.

If this were possible, 9 out of 10 Argentine businesses would probably be reported.

In a totally unrelated comment LinkedIn Headline today reports that Male professionals with Higher Ethics Earn less ...how depressing..nothing to do with Argentina per se but a sad reality of the business world of today and the future...

YanquiGallego said:
What do you deem unethical, possibly unlawful business practice? Culturally, some of the things that we would be mortified by are business as usual day to day here.

If this were possible, 9 out of 10 Argentine businesses would probably be reported.

Agreed.

As far as the channels to report an "unethical" business, usually the only relief is if you start sending carta documentos to the business, go to the consumer protection office, etc. Complaining on a message board isn't going to get you anywhere.

I don't think I'm one to cry wolf if my groceries don't get delivered promptly. :)

The details (as far as I'm comfortable to give) involve the owner a company who rents temporary apts to tourists setting up a hidden camera in a bedroom. (That's got to be against the law, right?!)

At least 5 recordings are in my possession, but I've been told that it would not be taken seriously to file with the police, but I feel obligated to try to do something so it might not happen to someone else. The only legal advice I know of in BA is friends with the guy.

I should say that the hidden recordings that I have are not of one his rental apartments, but still.

I'm totally confused.
First you say he allegedly sets up hidden cameras in bedrooms.
Then you say that you have at least 5 recordings in your possession.
You then go on to say that the hidden recording you have are not from said apartments.
So I have to ask, what are the recordings you have in your possession?
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Sleazy yes, sense no.

There are no "proper channels of reporting" here. Where do you think you are man? This is a country where someone can actually murder someone, easily pay a bribe and be free. You think the "law" gives a crap about your silly videos? Anyway, are they good?

xXaXx said:
I don't think I'm one to cry wolf if my groceries don't get delivered promptly. :)

The details (as far as I'm comfortable to give) involve the owner a company who rents temporary apts to tourists setting up a hidden camera in a bedroom. (That's got to be against the law, right?!)

At least 5 recordings are in my possession, but I've been told that it would not be taken seriously to file with the police, but I feel obligated to try to do something so it might not happen to someone else. The only legal advice I know of in BA is friends with the guy.

I should say that the hidden recordings that I have are not of one his rental apartments, but still.

I figure your first sentence was directed at me. God I live Baexpats.com...here's the point I was making...as posted yesterday.

"Anyway, you missed the point. That the groceries were late was not the issue. The fact that all the groceries would NEVER have arrived had I not called was the issue. Also, the point that it was 100% their mistake and yet their first reaction was to blame me was the icing on the cake. Anyway, deep down I believe it was just another example of xenophobia on behalf of poor uneducated portenos who dislike "rich" gringo foreigners."

xXaXx said:

I think if you want further help you should first post a link to the videos, and any of the web-cams that may still be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back