Unlocking Dvd Player

TomAtAlki

Registered
I'll be back to BA in a month and I will need a new DVD player. Problem is I want to play DVD's from Argentina and the US. Can I get an unlocked player in BA or if I have to bring one from the US do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, Tom

You can unlock your DVD player yourself. Just search the make and model online and find the unlocking codes. You just need the DVD remote to do it. Super easy and you can turn your DVD player into a universal player.

Most players here will do both R1 and R4.
A Samsung is usually compatible with PAL and NTSC. A Philips will likely also read a cold slice of pizza. Their design sucks but you can't beat the engineering. Any unknown brand is also likely to be compatible with both different regions and standards. The cheaper , the friendlier they are.
Beware of Sony, they're really picky and the least compatible. They're the more likely to be unable to read bootlegs, home made, R0 or PC-DVDs.

I'll be back to BA in a month and I will need a new DVD player. Problem is I want to play DVD's from Argentina and the US. Can I get an unlocked player in BA or if I have to bring one from the US do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, Tom
SONY dvp-320 region free dvd player for only $35.00 it play all codes. Shop through google..

Play Any Region DVD including regions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 / RCE & REA

DIVX playback & USB INPUT

PAL / NTSC Conversion Built In! No External Video Converter Needed

Guaranteed to play any DVD on any TV!

Divx, VCD, MP3, DVD-r, DVD-rw, DVD+r, DVD+rw, JPEG, MP3 compatible

110-240 volts option available

$35.00

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.220-electronics.com/sony-dvp-320-region-free-dvd-player.html

A Samsung is usually compatible with PAL and NTSC. A Philips will likely also read a cold slice of pizza. Their design sucks but you can't beat the engineering. Any unknown brand is also likely to be compatible with both different regions and standards. The cheaper , the friendlier they are.
Beware of Sony, they're really picky and the least compatible. They're the more likely to be unable to read bootlegs, home made, R0 or PC-DVDs.
NOT so, I have SONY blue ray/regular format player and it will always plays even movies copied to a regular CD's..And it is the cheapest blu-ray player that SONY makes. State your source for your naming the SONY player as described by you above.

^^^^^^ You mean as in "pretty please?"

I used to wear down DVD players. Originally, I kept one to watch european R2 DVDs, one R1 player and a locally assembled R1/R4 player. Did a lot of research locally before any purchase and brought my own assorted/weird DVDs to the store, not trusting none of the regular sales-dumbasses, even at fancy hi-end audio/home-theater stores, ignorant sales pitch. Wish I had the chance to buy SONY but my GF also has one and the code unlocking never worked properly nor the R0/DVDR were accepted so she permanently borrowed my Samsung DVD player. I do not mind, I currently have multiple other alternate sources to read DVDs.

Congrats on your BR player, BTW, but notice that Tom was enquiring re: a DVD player.

^^^^^^ You mean as in "pretty please?"

I used to wear down DVD players. Originally, I kept one to watch european R2 DVDs, one R1 player and a locally assembled R1/R4 player. Did a lot of research locally before any purchase and brought my own assorted/weird DVDs to the store, not trusting none of the regular sales-dumbasses, even at fancy hi-end audio/home-theater stores, ignorant sales pitch. Wish I had the chance to buy SONY but my GF also has one and the code unlocking never worked properly nor the R0/DVDR were accepted so she permanently borrowed my Samsung DVD player. I do not mind, I currently have multiple other alternate sources to read DVDs.

Congrats on your BR player, BTW, but notice that Tom was enquiring re: a DVD player.
Yeah but the DVD players plays in Blue-ray format as well..I mean the SONY ones does..Don't know the other brands despite..My cheap SONY plays all codes, plus the Blue ray dvd's as well.

Yeah but the DVD players plays in Blue-ray format as well..I mean the SONY ones does..Don't know the other brands despite..My cheap SONY plays all codes, plus the Blue ray dvd's as well.

DVD players can playback only DVD discs; they cannot playback Blu-Ray (HD) discs. Only Blu-Ray players can playback both Blu-Ray discs and DVDs. Your SONY is obviously a Blu-Ray player. Also, all SONY Play Stations include Blu-Ray as well as DVD playback capability.

Agree with you completely. With the exception of certain SONY models (if not all of their models) here in Argentina, the other brands available here, like Philips, Samsung, are intentionally "programmed" to play both Region One and Region 4 DVDs, and are also "ready" for PAL as well as NTSC disc playability. "Unlocking" the DVD player to make it Region 0 is the key to playback of virtually any disc, as has been mentioned previously in this thread. I have a Philips Blu-Ray player that I "unlocked" just as I "unlocked" my old Philips DVD player.

And for an instant you had me fooled there. Made me believe you had a clue.... Shame on me.

There's a lot more to different technologies than just a shiny little disk of identical proportions.

Back