Unregistered SUBE cards face higher transportation costs

I got to the retiro station office today at 10:45am and there is like 200 people waiting in line to do this.

Do you know if they're following the turno system at all? Either at Retiro or Recoleta? Asking because I have one scheduled tomorrow at Recoleta that I can't go to anymore, but I'm trying to decide if I can realistically go early or go another day. If I could cancel the turno I would, in order to give it to someone else, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

I got to the retiro station office today at 10:45am and there is like 200 people waiting in line to do this.
Per La Nacion+ newscast at 10:30am: the gov't announced this morning that people with unregistered Sube cards
have until April 1st to register them. Until then those persons will be charged the lower fare the same as those who
registered them. The reason being their website has "collapsed" due to the heavy traffic so people are going in person
to the various service centers. That is the reason for the long lines.

Per La Nacion+ newscast at 10:30am: the gov't announced this morning that people with unregistered Sube cards
have until April 1st to register them. Until then those persons will be charged the lower fare the same as those who
registered them. The reason being their website has "collapsed" due to the heavy traffic so people are going in person
to the various service centers. That is the reason for the long lines.
Yes, I’m having no luck registering mine in the SUBE app. I just get “Ocurrió un inconveniente”

There are advantages to having citizenship or residency, i.e. bank account and registering your SUBE card.

I've had my SUBE card for 11 years now and registered it near Congreso in person with my passport when I first got it, and changed it to my current passport when I moved back a few years ago. I was going to wait until my citizenship was processed to update my DNI since I'll get a new number anyways, but I think I'll just message them on WhatsApp like I did last time to change it - I think you only have to do it online or in person if you've never registered the card before.

wow, ridiculous, now we have to register it or pay higher, why is that? I assume we have to put it in our names too? I find this to be an invasion of privacy. I am surprised they are doing this, especially under this government.

Never mind registration, today neither of our local railway stations were accepting payments to top up Sube cards. I suspect that the systems can't handle the higher value fares and credits (last time I added AR$2K and the payment had to be loaded in two tranches) but I wasn't previously aware that the systems would need downtime to do that.

Back