Updated COVID restrictions on circulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunlight does a great job killing the virus - people should be free to move outside and exercise etc as long as they aren't kissing randoms and spitting on each other. Of course things like festivals should be banned but the majority of spread happens indoors with low air circulation and lack of UV light to kill the virus.

lol, it's been barely 5 days and already they can't stop salivating about more quarantine
If we look at the stats from last year, more quarantine equals lower monthly inflation which makes for happier voters I guess.
Plus it improves security and reduces the need to spend on maintaining schools etc. Think we may have found our new -ism for the 21st century, perfect for the inept and lazy politician.

Jest aside, I do however agree the need to keep controls on night-time social activities and public transport a bit longer to reduce exposure to these main points of infection and make a big enough dent in the numbers to continue being able to manage. Just wish the government would have thought about the cost of supporting the (relatively manageable number) of affected businesses during the long anticipated second wave beforehand. Now in its election year quest to look like santa-claus, it has pissed away all its money, slashed its income tax payer base to almost nothing and is about to actually increase taxes on businesses to compensate - including on those already hit hard by their restrictions.
Simply paying $18.000 of an employees wage ain't gonna cut it when the business still has all other overheads to pay.

A Supreme Court judge has overturned the previous ruling of a lower court regarding presencial classes in CABA. The city now need to announce its response however they previously said they will respect any Supreme Court decision.

As many will have just seen and heard, it sparked a spontaneous cazerolazo protest across the city.

Correction to the above, the judge that made a ruling yesterday was just a Federal judge and not the Supreme Court. Thus CABA will ignore his judgement since the Supreme Court had already declared its jurisdiction over the matter and thus any other ruling is invalid.

Classes continue until further notice.

Another day another extension of restrictions:
  • Current restrictions extended until 21MAY (no going out after 20:00, no dining inside restaurants, no entertaining in ones home, no gatherings of more than 10 people etc)
  • They speak of intensifying the controls and enforcement of the rules - for example the number for denuncias of neighbors or businesses violating the rules has been merged with 911 to enable the police to, technically, respond immediately to any denuncia. Entrances to the city will also be more tightly controlled and large protest groups won't be allowed to pass into the city from the province.

The court is still considering the constitutionality of the DNU banning presential education based on supporting scientific evidence available. In the meantime CABA is considering suspending presential classes for high schools only. Primary schools and kindergartens would continue as is. Press conference at 17:00 to announce.

Last edited:
Another day another extension of restrictions:
  • Current restrictions extended until 21MAY (no going out after 20:00, no dining inside restaurants, no entertaining in ones home, no gatherings of more than 10 people etc)
  • They speak of intensifying the controls and enforcement of the rules - for example the number for denuncias of neighbors or businesses violating the rules has been merged with 911 to enable the police to, technically, respond immediately to any denuncia. Entrances to the city will also be more tightly controlled and large protest groups won't be allowed to pass into the city from the province.

The court is still considering the constitutionality of the DNU banning presential education based on supporting scientific evidence available. In the meantime CABA is considering suspending presential classes for high schools only. Primary schools and kindergartens would continue as is. Press conference at 17:00 to announce.
Thank you for the update.

What I don't understand: there are different measures depending on whether the zone is low or high risk (or alert):
  • SITUACION DE BAJO
  • MEDIO RIESGO EPIDEMIOLÓGICO Y SANITARIO
  • ALTO RIESGO EPIDEMIOLÓGICO Y SANITARIO
  • ALARMA EPIDEMIOLÓGICA Y SANITARIA
What is the status of CABA and the conurbano currently? I somehow fail to see that

On another note: how are you supposed to run a business (or restaurant) if they announce these measures with an anticipation period of 12 hours?

What I don't understand: there are different measures depending on whether the zone is low or high risk (or alert):
  • SITUACION DE BAJO
What is the status of CABA and the conurbano currently? I somehow fail to see that

On another note: how are you supposed to run a business (or restaurant) if they announce these measures with an anticipation period of 12 hours?
I think we are in the “Alarma” group.

For the restaurants I don’t think much is actually changing versus today. But the other week when they were announced it caused a bit of a mess rejigging rosters etc.

• SITUACION DE BAJO

According to this article we (CABA / AMBA) are on maximum level (Alarma):

Ante estas jurisdicciones, el Presidente no adelantó cuáles serán los criterios y variables que dispondrán que una región está en situación de alarma. ”En estas zonas el sistema de salud está muy tenso y la proporción de casos sobre la población es muy alto”, adelantó Alberto Fernández. El jefe de Gabinete, Santiago Cafiero, confirmó que en esa condición está el Área Metropolitana de Buenos Aires (AMBA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back