Urgent!!! ... Notary needed in BA

mgarra

Registered
To all forum members. I´m in super urgent need to notarize a Statutory Warranty Deed ideally by Tomorrow August 15. This notarization should be accepted in the US.

We´ve been given a schedule for Aug 27 at the US embassy, but that is too late!

Please if anyone can provide URGENT any help it would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
-Mariano

Clarification: The notary has to certify mmy wife and I signatures for a Statury Warrantee Deed that needs to be accepted in the US.

Not sure if that can only be done in the US Embassy? Or if there are other ways in whcih an american citizen can get it accomplished ASAP.

Thanks ALL!

US embassy is the simplest way, you can probably get an emergency appointment. The alternative is to go to an Argentinian escribano, and have them send it to the provinicial notarial college to have an apostille attached. Both Argentina and the US are signatories of an 50 year old international convention that formally recognizes apostilles. The problem for you is that getting an apostille often takes several days. If you search for 'apostille' and 'notary' on these forums you'll find lots more information.

Yeah, the embassy is the best, easiest and probably quickest way.

Although the US is signatory to the apostille convention, you may end up with some confusion when your papers are reviewed in the States. In addition, probably you would have to get the document translated into Spanish to have it apostilled here. And as Kurt says the process could take a day or two or more.

I got some very official papers notarized at the US embassy about 6 years ago. According to Harris County Court (don't remember which precinct it was now) in Houston, they would not accept an apostilled document, it had to be notarized, even though I pointed out that the US was a signatory. Could have been just ignorance on their part, I don't know.

Thanks all for you comments and help.

After researching other options, I ended up soliciting an emergency schedule at the US embassy and they were kind enough to grant it. I'll be hopefully completing my docs notarization today.

Thanks again!

Get your tickets and passports on hand and present yourselves to an emergently appoitment!

I have heard of an online service, signnow.com, I haven't used them though.

Back