Urgent Sale Way Below Market price

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Market price" is any price at which a transaction will happen. If the apartment is already reserved, good for you.

I said everything else that I wanted to say in my previous post.

yes $38.5 is a good deal, except that if the building is unfinished, it may never be finished, and you'll never get anything out of it... buildings here tend to have a way of just sitting there for 10 years going nowhere.

How many units in the building? How many are sold? If the units have all been sold, then the building should be completed. If not, who knows. 38k is a great deal, but unless the building is 100% sold, there's no guarantee you'll ever have an apartment.

To Syngirl there are excellent constructors in Buenos Aires who complete their projects in their stated time. There are 10s of thousands of people who have brought new builds here with no problems.The studio I recommended was of a highly respected constructor who has completed many projects with Remax Argentina in the past.
I know of only one case only in my 4 years here of Tangobob who had a long wait for his apartment and wrote a very funny journal about his experiences.

Overall 99 percent who buy preconstruction from a respected company will have no problems. Make sure that the realtor has a long track record with the constructors and can answer all your questions directly.

pericles said:
Rad The apartment has been reserved to a local Argentine who saw my ad in Craigslist .
It is obvious the Argies are trying to hedge their dollars and pesos against the inflation and possible crisis.

syngirl said:
yes $38.5 is a good deal, except that if the building is unfinished, it may never be finished, and you'll never get anything out of it... buildings here tend to have a way of just sitting there for 10 years going nowhere.
like Syngirl said what recourse does a buyer have against the developer or the selling broker (Pericles in this case) if the developer goes under(steals the buyers money) or there is years before completion??

pericles said:
Overall 99 percent who buy preconstruction from a respected company will have no problems. Make sure that the realtor has a long track record with the constructors and can answer all your questions directly.
Where did you get this guesstimate from Pericles???

I checked this out and followed up with a call to remax. This building has been sold 100% by the developer and there are only 2 units that are being resold as of now. The developer also built another building on the same street he finished 6 months ago, this is the second on the street. I also checked out the builder, (not hard to do when you have their info and I got it off of the link Pericles posted) and he has done over 27 buildings in BA over the past 20 years. I understand all of the concerns but doing due dilligence is a hell of a lot more intelligent than posting based on assumptions. I made the calls and asked. Seems to me the builder has no issues with money and has sold the project out from his standpoint, these are re-sells from orignal buyers and everyone's circumstance is different. Maybe this seller needs or wants to sell. Has nothing to do with the builder.
I find it interesting everyone has an opinion but has no research to back them up. In this case, it is clear that Remax Developers has been the sales agent for this builders projects for years and would not contniue if they had issues, again, this is not for sale by the developer but a purchaser who bought at the beginning. Too many assumptions, which as they say- assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Maybe just maybe this is a good deal because the seller has a need to sell individually and it has nothing to do with the builder. WHy would Remax which has a global reputation be the exclusive sales agent for the development if it was not good when they have done many with this developer. Seems they do due dilligence because they have to with their global reputation. SO, I think anyone intelligent would check things out before making statments which are in this case totally irrelevent.

PBpalermo said:
I checked this out and followed up with a call to remax. This building has been sold 100% by the developer and there are only 2 units that are being resold as of now. The developer also built another building on the same street he finished 6 months ago, this is the second on the street. I also checked out the builder, (not hard to do when you have their info and I got it off of the link Pericles posted) and he has done over 27 buildings in BA over the past 20 years. I understand all of the concerns but doing due dilligence is a hell of a lot more intelligent than posting based on assumptions. I made the calls and asked. Seems to me the builder has no issues with money and has sold the project out from his standpoint, these are re-sells from orignal buyers and everyone's circumstance is different. Maybe this seller needs or wants to sell. Has nothing to do with the builder.
I find it interesting everyone has an opinion but has no research to back them up. In this case, it is clear that Remax Developers has been the sales agent for this builders projects for years and would not contniue if they had issues, again, this is not for sale by the developer but a purchaser who bought at the beginning. Too many assumptions, which as they say- assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Maybe just maybe this is a good deal because the seller has a need to sell individually and it has nothing to do with the builder. WHy would Remax which has a global reputation be the exclusive sales agent for the development if it was not good when they have done many with this developer. Seems they do due dilligence because they have to with their global reputation. SO, I think anyone intelligent would check things out before making statments which are in this case totally irrelevent.

Ok, Mr. Intelligent Investigator (one phone call to a sales agent).
You still did not answer any of my questions or made any relevant points.

PBpalermo said:

I could never had said that better myself but the fact it that this is a resale apartment brought off plan by an american client over 12 months ago.

pericles said:
I could never had said that better myself but the fact it that this is a resale apartment brought off plan by an american client over 12 months ago.
Neither did you Pericles? Answer my questions that is.

DA, what does that stand for? Would it be DUMB ASS?
you can have your opinions but the more you talk the more we see who you are. The empty can is always the loudest. Not just to a sales agent but to the builder and to the person that is there full time working for remax at this developer's projects. Unreal, I bet you are one of those cyber geeks that has a miserable life and always bitches about everything. Unbelivable

To Syngirls point, the building is 100% sold, these are resells, the builder is reputable and has been doing business for over 20 years and 27 projects, this is not an Argentina as Pericles stated above, but an American so the hedge issue does not apply here as DA Dumb Ass states in his accute financial analysis of the situation. If you are not intersted do not buy but don't assume you are all geniuses and this is a bad deal. Let someone who may be interested in a good deal check it ut and do their own due dilligence to decide. Smart people always check the facts before hammering something and having an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back