Urgently Need My laptop

thanos336

Registered
Hi guys,
I am a newbie here in Argentina and I apologise as am already aware that this is a tired subject already.

I left my laptop at home. I urgently need a powerful laptop. It appears that there is a 400% tax on the model that I need to work.

Is there any known method to sourcing a laptop or safely shipping from abroad?

I am considering flying to the USA for a day to buy one and come back with it and I will still save $3000 on price difference.

A side issue, but it appears that the Argentina government is determined to exclude it's citizens from the digital revolution, this is not right!

Help appreciated 🙏

What are you looking for? I got an M2 MacBook Pro 14" 1TB for USD 2800 a year ago from an outfit called Boldtech. I gave them USD cash, they gave me a new Macbook. No issues.

There are a bunch of outfits that advertise on IG, search for whatever laptop you want and you will probable get more results than you could ever want.

You can get new laptop here for cash . Maybe 25% more than usa price

Go to ciudad del este you can get electronics for a similar price to US

You can also go to Montevideo. Prices there are not as low as the United States but quite close. And they also sell with standard US keyboard, something important to consider, as usually here you get the latin keyboard layout (I assume you need standard US).
I bought a laptop here earlier this year and had a good experience: https://www.pccompu.com.uy/
You can try there to see if they have what you are looking for, but there are other computer stores in town.

Chile will get you a 50% discount on whatever prices you see here. Check Mercado Libre Chile's website to get an idea of their pricing for the model you are looking for. It's a short flight to Santiago.

What are you looking for? I got an M2 MacBook Pro 14" 1TB for USD 2800 a year ago from an outfit called Boldtech. I gave them USD cash, they gave me a new Macbook. No issues.

There are a bunch of outfits that advertise on IG, search for whatever laptop you want and you will probable get more results than you could ever want.
Thank you. I will keep Boldtech in mind and also search IG.

I am looking for something in the Dell XPS range for machine learning and AI.

My current working plan is to catch a ferry to Uruguay after the long weekend. If I find something that saves me that complication, then so be it.

You can also go to Montevideo. Prices there are not as low as the United States but quite close. And they also sell with standard US keyboard, something important to consider, as usually here you get the latin keyboard layout (I assume you need standard US).
I bought a laptop here earlier this year and had a good experience: https://www.pccompu.com.uy/
You can try there to see if they have what you are looking for, but there are other computer stores in town.
Thank you , this is my current working plan. Do you have any tips on brining it back through customs?

We’ve found Uruguay to be relatively expensive, Chile is cheaper, but the rock bottom prices in the region are in Paraguay. Take a bus or plane (expensive) to Asuncion and buy VAT free there. No problems bringing a laptop back here (maybe unbox it before traveling back if you’re worried).

Back