US Citizen Interested in moving to Buenos Aries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Renzi ... good morning,

Love or marriage? Well I meant marriage ... and in the overwhelming majority of instances love on the part of the US PPHolder. The motive of the foreigner could be well concealed, but definitely love portrayed outwardly. Sure there could be a few "arrangements," but on the whole I was thinking that the marriages would be legitimate for at least the US PPHolder. And this is why USCIS has their hands full when sifting through K1's ... They know there is fraud and they are looking for it. The bar is set relatively high to demonstrate a relationship exists, is ongoing and is not a matter of business. They do find fraud more than you think.

Do you mean love or marriage? As a USPP holder, I would consider a marriage-for-visa arrangement with the right person, for the right price, so long as they covered all the costs. But Argentine women already have a lot of competition from Venezuelan and Colombians who have a well-established foothold in that area (and overall have more agreeable personalities).
"and overall have more agreeable personalities." Very funny. So true.

It is about 10 to 20 lashes, it depends how much you changed

I read somewhere that the dealers at least can be charged up to 8 years for doing that. Is that correct? Not sure if that can apply to the client as well. Also read this relatively recent article below which shows some alternative ways to exchange money for not very much different price than blue rate. Anyone have experience with it:

Unless you are unfortunate enough to get caught in an official, judge or Afip (IRS) mandated raid, which is extremely rare, those places can only operate under a well connected umbrella of protection/association with different levels of the Powers that be.
It would be a shocker if the official at the head of the local precinct wasn't in on it.

The one cueva I know as a cop standing guard less than ten yards of its main door. You tell me...

Iz

Unless you are unfortunate enough to get caught in an official, judge or Afip (IRS) mandated raid, which is extremely rare, those places can only operate under a well connected umbrella of protection/association with different levels of the Powers that be.
It would be a shocker if the official at the head of the local precinct wasn't in on it.

The one cueva I know as a cop standing guard less than ten yards of its main door. You tell me...

Iz

A few years ago 2 gringos went to change dollars downtown. Guided by an arbolito they entered a building around Galerias Pacifico , then proceeded to an a cueva with bullet proof doors. Once inside the cueva while exchanging their dollars, two armed men broke in and order every one to surrender their greenbacks and valuables . One of the Americans tried to wrestle the gun of one of the assailants, during the melee a shot was fired that hit the tourist in the buttocks..! The thieves escaped and jumped to the street from a second floor window, ending with a broken ankle and apprehended while flat on the ground..!

A few years ago 2 gringos went to change dollars downtown. Guided by an arbolito they entered a building around Galerias Pacifico , then proceeded to an a cueva with bullet proof doors. Once inside the cueva while exchanging their dollars, two armed men broke in and order every one to surrender their greenbacks and valuables . One of the Americans tried to wrestle the gun of one of the assailants, during the melee a shot was fired that hit the tourist in the buttocks..! The thieves escaped and jumped to the street from a second floor window, ending with a broken ankle and apprehended while flat on the ground..!
I always wonder about these kind of guys who risk their lives for a few hundred bucks. Like the English guy who got murdered at the Faena last year when they were trying to rob him. Is it instinct? Is it “courage”? Hell, i would just hand them over whatever i have, even if that makes me a “coward”.

I always wonder about these kind of guys who risk their lives for a few hundred bucks. Like the English guy who got murdered at the Faena last year when they were trying to rob him. Is it instinct? Is it “courage”? Hell, i would just hand them over whatever i have, even if that makes me a “coward”.
An action such as the one you described does not make you a coward. It makes you smart because you place the highest value on your health, safety and life. You are simply acting in your best capacity when you submit to an assailant. Unless you have been properly trained, (I am thinking something like a navy seal or something similar and even they know when it's best to stand down.) the best action is co operation. You can recover and, or earn more of what was taken from you.

Fight or flight reflex most likely. If it happens in the blink of an eye there is little room for forgiveness if the other party has quicker reflexes.

The issue is that without training people will fall back to their base fight or flight response. Some people are naturally flighty where they will submit to any aggression and some people are naturally fighters and they will they will fight in the face of aggression. In these split second scenerios there is not time to do a detailed risk / analysis and instinct take overs. I think in a moment of calm nearly everyone would universally agree to just hand over the stuff.

The OP does not understand how things work here. In the states you have law and order and you fear the consequences of breaking the law. In AR you do whatever you want and don't really fear anything. You can drive 200kph on the highway and no one will ever stop you. You can break into someone's house to rob them and get your ass kicked and it's the homeowner's fault for beating you up. You can stand in the middle of the road and shut down traffic any time you want without punishment.

Seq, this place is for the most part lawless... Take everything you know about living in Texas and forget it. Just be here and try to live by the golden rule and NEVER touch the mate straw and you'll be fine. Literally everyone here uses blue rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back