Us Embassy Says Americans Have No Right To A Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMSBeagle

Registered
As some of you who know me are aware, for three years Holly WIlkerson and Brendan O' Brien have said again and again that we Americans have no right to a US passport, no right to return to the US. :eek:

They say it is up to the State Department whether or not we are entitled to a passport. :mellow:

I have said no, we do have rights, as per the constitution, legal precedent and international law. Specifically, the US is bound by treaties it has signed, under which it is obligated to allow the return of its own citizens to their land of birth. :rolleyes:

I say: if an American has a valid birth certificate, and better yet, a valid US passport, then the State Department must accept these documents regardless of race, color, religion or politics. And this applies to Muslims as well. The State Dept. must accept these documents as prima facie proof of identity and citizenship, even if they feel personal enmity towards the person holding the documents and even if that person exercises his first amendment rights as I am doing here.

Today, April 13, I met yet again with Holly WiIlkerson ( and Mark, who refuses to provide his last name) at the embassy and this time, she essentially challenged the validity of documents issued by the state of New York and the State Department itself. Such is her desperation. She would not let me speak. Instead, she wanted to interrogate me. When I tried to speak my mind, she closed the blinds and ordered me to leave as if she were my commanding officer in the Marine Corps.

Previously on February 23, Brendan O'Brien, head of American Citizen Services, refused me entry to our embassy even though I had an appointment. They had grown tired of seeing me inside.

Holly Wilkerson continues to refuse my passport renewal, in violation of US law.

At my request, the Justice Department is having a look into this affair. I will keep readers posted.

Remember those who said Obama was born in Kenya? The birthers. Donald Trump was one of those. And you thought I supported Donald Trump, didnt you?

Americans: Our liberty is under severe threat. A mentally ill, authoritarian police state has descended over our great country. It treats all of us, Democrat and Republican, Christian and Jew, Muslim and Buddhist.. like criminals and terrorists. We have lost our Bill of Rights and the rule of law itself. We have lost the presumption of innocence. :huh:

For all of its faults, Argentina has been, until now, a more democratic society than the US. That is a sad commentary.

Daniel Bruno

They say it is up to the State Department whether or not we are entitled to a passport.

Google provided this. It's not an official response, but confirms what most of us believe: a US citizen can only be denied a passport for specific, enumerated reasons. Absent those, the application can't be denied.

"Federal law entitles all U.S. citizens to a U.S. passport, but applicants must first meet all requirements."

http://traveltips.us...orts-63314.html

Any of these things affecting your case?

So... I have no knowledge of this particular case. I do know, from a couple of minutes' googling, that Daniel Bruno seems to run a site called Huffington Post Blogger's Club (sic;[sub][sup] to be pedantic, should be Bloggers' - unless referring to one single blogger, which is a distinct possibility[/sup][/sub]), aka Huffington Post Union of Bloggers. A brief skim of the site may lead one to the preliminary hunch that this site: a) I would personally tend to doubt is in any way affiliated with the Huffington Post, b ) gives the appearance of being racist, conspiracy-minded, anti-Semitic and generally unhinged.

The site's footer contains links to the following categories (capitalization sic):

African-American | American culture | Business | Civil Liberties | Editor's Desk | Education | Fiction | Finance | Geopolitics | Healthcare | Israel | Israel/Palestine | Jewish issues | Latino | Media | Military | Movies | Music | police state | usa | Religion | Renewable Energy | Russian | Science | September 11 | sex | Technology | ukraine | US Politics | Wikileaks

Said site also contains a longer version of the above screed.

With that in mind, and considering that no documentation has been produced to corroborate any of this fellow's claims, the usual simple question: With the exception of this Daniel Bruno, and barring cases like fugitives from justice and the like, has anyone heard of a US citizen producing proof of citizenship and not receiving a US passport, anywhere, ever?

Google provided this. It's not an official response, but confirms what most of us believe: a US citizen can only be denied a passport for specific, enumerated reasons. Absent those, the application can't be denied.

"Federal law entitles all U.S. citizens to a U.S. passport, but applicants must first meet all requirements."

http://traveltips.us...orts-63314.html

Any of these things affecting your case?

That's right Ed, I personally do not have any of those issues, e.g: child support arrears, IRS tax liens, convictions for child molestation or drug dealing, or anything else. I was born in Manhattan, in Donald Trump's neighbourhood to be exact and I have my birth certificate here with me.

I don't understand your situation. Could you explain it clearly.

So... I have no knowledge of this particular case. I do know, from a couple of minutes' googling, that Daniel Bruno seems to run a site called Huffington Post Blogger's Club (sic;[sub][sup] to be pedantic, should be Bloggers' - unless referring to one single blogger, which is a distinct possibility[/sup][/sub]), aka Huffington Post Union of Bloggers. A brief skim of the site may lead one to the preliminary hunch that this site: a) I would personally tend to doubt is in any way affiliated with the Huffington Post, b ) gives the appearance of being racist, conspiracy-minded, anti-Semitic and generally unhinged.

The site's footer contains links to the following categories (capitalization sic):

African-American | American culture | Business | Civil Liberties | Editor's Desk | Education | Fiction | Finance | Geopolitics | Healthcare | Israel | Israel/Palestine | Jewish issues | Latino | Media | Military | Movies | Music | police state | usa | Religion | Renewable Energy | Russian | Science | September 11 | sex | Technology | ukraine | US Politics | Wikileaks

Said site also contains a longer version of the above screed.

With that in mind, and considering that no documentation has been produced to corroborate any of this fellow's claims, the usual simple question: With the exception of this Daniel Bruno, and barring cases like fugitives from justice and the like, has anyone heard of a US citizen producing proof of citizenship and not receiving a US passport, anywhere, ever?

Im not sure which country you hail from Ben, but let me tell you about the beauty of my country , the USA. You see, we have this thing called the First Amendment and another thing called the Bill of Rights. These rights form the core of our identity as a nation. This means, that a blog being unhinged notwithstanding, the authors and publishers have a right to free speech that is neither defamatory nor libellous. That said, the blog you mention publishes many articles everyday and I am not the author except for a tiny handful of them.

If you think I have written a screed, you are welcome to offer a rebuttal. That is what free speech is all about.

Now, as for racism, I am a man of color and I have experienced it. I dont condone it but I defend the rights of others to practice racist speech. Who am I to be the final arbiter of what is true or not? What I will never accept are racist cops and racist government bureaucrats.

As for documentation, I will produce tons of it, in person, to you or anyone else who wants to see my birth certificate or anything else.

As for the systemic and illegal denials of passports by the US State Dept, it is becoming more and more of a problem, in particular for people of color, especially if they are of Arab descent or identify as Muslim. The main stream, fake news media censors the issue unless they can beat up on Trump with it.

https://papersplease.org/wp/2014/10/14/us-citizen-sues-the-state-department-for-a-passport/

The passport denials are part of the general harassment all of us face at airports and on American streets.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/02/28/muhammad-ali-jr-mother-detained-airport-ctn.cnn

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/25/muhammad-ali-son-detained-questioned-us-border-control

OP,

English being your mother tongue, please explain your situation clearly in not more than 2 sentences.

1. What is the problem.

2. how you want our assistance/views.

OP,

English being your mother tongue, please explain your situation clearly in not more than 2 sentences.

1. What is the problem.

2. how you want our assistance/views.

1. The US State Dept. is keeping me here against my will and has no legal basis to do so.
2. Regardless of your mother tongue, if you can assist, wonderful; if not, I understand. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back