Us Embassy Says Americans Have No Right To A Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real issue, IMO, is not that you are not receiving a passport, but that you even need one in the first place. Mobility is a human right. It should not be something that requires permission from a master (the State) to exercise. However, that is a much larger issue that will likely take a lifetime and a revolution to resolve. The trend in recent years has been to make travel even more permissioned with passports even deniable for things like back-taxes and child support.

In your particular case, you can continue to waste away here in Argentina or you can take a more practical course. The truth is life is not always fair. You can waste your life (it appears you have wasted 3+ years on this already) fighting against a larger force or you can route around it. In that sense, I recommend that you get a second passport and kiss the US goodbye. After all, in your own words, the US is a police state. Better to vote with your feet and move to greener pastures.

If you truly want to fight this, then you need to do it smarter. Since you have a valid US birth certificate you are a citizen by rights. Whether or not you have a passport you are entitled to reside in the US. As a result, your complication is in transportation. Millions enter the US illegally. Your Argentina permanent residency will get you to Colombia or Venezuela without a passport. From there, you can make your way into the US. You are a persons of means. If uneducated, and poverty stricken central american migrants can do it, then I am confident you will find a way.

Once landed in the US, you can make this fight of yours more visible. You are easy to brush aside and forget far away from US journalist and power structures. This type of fight would be much easier to carry out if you were physically in the US. Your ability to appear like a real person to humans rights organizations and journalist is much higher when they can see you in person.

In the mean time, I recommend to either 1) get an actual reason for the denial 2) get a recording or documented response that you are being denied a passport. At a minimum, you can record yourself going to the embassy several times. Ideally, you can record your interaction with embassy employees. However, you need something that shows this problem actually exists and is not merely an invention of your mind.

Unfortunately, if this problem exists, the US is not doing it often enough that there is a pattern. The end result is that believing your claims requires actual evidence because absent seeing a pattern from more similar cases the claims appear incredible. Given that so few people face this problem (seeing as how it appears to only be you and 1 or 2 other people ever making the claim), it automatically leads people to believe there is a good reason. After all, why would the US spend its political capital denying you of all people? They obviously are not and cannot deny a significant portion of people (< 0.001%), so why spend their limited political capital to deny you? That is probably what makes people most suspicious of the exact circumstances that have led you to this situation.

You call me anti-Semitic and an unsavory character because I tell the truth about police brutality :angry: and legalized corruption in the United States. We the People dont want a militarized police force and we dont want your military training or your ideology that has nothing to do with the United States of America. We dont need your wars either. Get this through your head Ben: people like you will never tell Americans what is acceptable to write, you will never censor us. I dont have to pass your political litmus test to get a passport from my own country. We will not be circumscribed by foreigners, a foreign country or a foreign ideology. You will not own us no matter how many congressmen you buy and you wont tell us what opinions we must profess no matter how many media outlets you own. We have had enough and that is why CNN, the New York Times, WaPo etc, are all dying off. :)

1. I call you anti-Semitic, because your writing is exactly that. You mention Jewishness where it is at best irrelevant and more likely evoking Protocols of the Elders of Zion conspiracy theories. Unlike you, I quoted you chapter and verse immediately. Example in the point below.

2. I call you an unsavory character, because you are dishonest. You write "Jewish Billionaire Wasserman Family Office and Other Hollywood Money", and then erase "Jewish" to be able to claim that "Religion has nothing to do with it". In other words: You changed the language on a year-old post 2 days ago, without any indication of the change, because you were called out on it.

And you tell a clearly implausible tale - as has been pointed out by just about everyone - but post not a single document, letter or anything of the sort regarding your serious allegations. You run at least a couple of web sites, so definitely you know how to upload an image.

Instead, you make the ludicrous suggestion that the US Embassy litigate with you on an Internet message board.

3. I never tried to censor you. I did - successfully - call attention to the shit you write. Shining a light on cockroaches is not censoring them.

4. You write about me, knowing nothing about me or my nationality. It sounds like your assumption is that I'm Israeli.
The only thing you can gather from my writings on this site is that I am Jewish. If that means you have a right to censor me, or to discount my opinion, or to define me as foreign, great - reinforces that you are an anti-Semite.

"Ah yes of course, colored people in America control the banks, the media, politics and the government. America has the highest prison population on Earth and the inmates are almost all white. :D

Meet me on Tuesday. I will show you my passport and birth certificate. Then you can tell me about my preferential treatment."

Even if I was in BA, I would have no interest in meeting you. However, since you publicly named and slandered people at the embassy, why don't you post your name and link to your identity, eg. LinkedIn, Facebook? It's only fair.

As for the rest, state your IQ before I address you any further.

The real issue, IMO, is not that you are not receiving a passport, but that you even need one in the first place. Mobility is a human right. It should not be something that requires permission from a master (the State) to exercise. However, that is a much larger issue that will likely take a lifetime and a revolution to resolve.

Please tell us more about these human rights. Can you list them all for quick reference and tell where you got them from?

Please tell us more about these human rights. Can you list them all for quick reference and tell where you got them from?

Did you not see where I said it is my opinion (the source you ask for), so obviously it is an opinion formed and not from some reference of truth? Do I literally need to keep saying my opinion in every single sentence within the same paragraph so as to not confuse you?

I apologize in advance if not true, but I suspect you disagree with my opinion that people should not need to beg another in order to freely move, especially when talking about the right to return where one was born. Unfortunately, if you can scarcely read, then there is no way I could persuade you as to the importance of human mobility. The difference in our thinking will be too hard to bridge. I can only speculate about your perspective if that is really the perspective you hold (and honestly do not care, so you can spare me explanation). I guess even captives will tend to sympathize with their captors (stockholm syndrome). So, maybe you suffer from this insanity or simply you have been conditioned and domesticated like a dog through the generations where any genes that give rise to a sense of sovereignty have been ruthlessly weeded out from your family's genetic line.

In either case, the difference in our thinking will probably be too different to have a meeting of the minds. So, consider me side stepping this aside as a debate on what is or is not or should or should not be a human right was not the important point that I was making to HMSBeagle.

https://en.wikipedia...et#cite_note-26
As of April, 2016, over 1,100 people have signed a petition against Noah Mamet and the State Department. The signatories to the petition are protesting the loss of civil liberties in general and passport denials in particular.[25] The petition was started by author Daniel Bruno.[26]

Re: this excerpt, it is a FACT that anyone can add/edit Wikipedia postings and reference their statements to unsubstantiated information one can find in blogs, etc.

I, as well, have met Daniel Bruno in person. We had two very brief encounters. His capacity for selective hearing, the endless rhetorical arguments and the self-righteous tone of his voice lead me to thereafter ignore his conversations.

In this particular case, knowing the factual why's of the denials makes no difference to me. Yet I think he was told in concrete terms the reason(s) for the continued refusals to renew his passport. Regardless, from there on the ball has been in his court. He can choose to pursue his case legally in the U.S.

Did you not see where I said it is my opinion (the source you ask for), so obviously it is an opinion formed and not from some reference of truth? Do I literally need to keep saying my opinion in every single sentence within the same paragraph so as to not confuse you?

I apologize in advance if not true, but I suspect you disagree with my opinion that people should not need to beg another in order to freely move, especially when talking about the right to return where one was born. Unfortunately, if you can scarcely read, then there is no way I could persuade you as to the importance of human mobility. The difference in our thinking will be too hard to bridge. I can only speculate about your perspective if that is really the perspective you hold (and honestly do not care, so you can spare me explanation). I guess even captives will tend to sympathize with their captors (stockholm syndrome). So, maybe you suffer from this insanity or simply you have been conditioned and domesticated like a dog through the generations where any genes that give rise to a sense of sovereignty have been ruthlessly weeded out from your family's genetic line.

In either case, the difference in our thinking will probably be too different to have a meeting of the minds. So, consider me side stepping this aside as a debate on what is or is not or should or should not be a human right was not the important point that I was making to HMSBeagle.

Relax friend. If you don't want to explain your political philosophy, no problem.

I do accept your apology anyhow.

I like your plan. I suggest OP nick a dugout canoe somewhere near Guyana and paddle it along the Northern coast of South America, past the Central America states, and reach the Promised Land via the gulf of Mexico. See René Benoit for inspiration.

All I can say is that embassies like coherency. As do customs officers, homeland security, TSA etc etc. So if the OP is as incoherent during interviews at the embassy in person as he has been on this thread, his chances of getting a passport or any sort of visa for travel to the USA are slim to none. And even with a passport, he may find himself detained when he arrives in the USA because if there is one thing that gets the authorities riled up, it is an inconsistent story.

If you have had problems getting a passport in the past it is down to you to make sure you have all documentation necessary, that you have all of your ducks in a row, and that you make sure any issue that may have caused you to previously have trouble getting a passport has been resolved. And then you need to be straightforward in interviews, not expressive of your opinions, clear, straightforward, and certainly not accusatory or hostile to those people who have the final say on whether your documents will be issued. Yes, we may feel a passport is our right, but the truth is never as clear.

However it seems the OP has created more hurdles for himself rather than cleared them. But perhaps that is just my impression because I have still not been able to grasp what exactly is going on. But OP, if you cannot explain it clearly here in writing, when in writing you have all the time in the world to formulate your answer, then I fear you shall never have much luck at the embassy during any interviews with personnel, especially if you have already sent up red flags based on previous encounters.

I am sorry for your situation, though I do not understand it fully whatsoever.

Nevertheless, Vice Consul O’Brien wrote a letter questioning my entitlement to a U.S. passport.

This line above needs explaining OP. Who was the letter written to, what did it say, how do you know about it and did you see it?
By claiming that your entitlement to a passport was questioned, you need to back it up with hard facts IE, the letter.

Yes, at that time Brendan O'Brien wrote a letter to my lawyer stating that my passport renewal was denied because I failed to show up for a meeting at the US embassy. That was in 2015. Since then, I have shown up for meetings (read: interrogations) and I have even been turned away from the embassy after meetings were scheduled. Still no passport. I will print the letter and give you a copy if you want it.

I renewed my passport last year at Embassy Buenos Aires, and the only thing they did was check to make sure I had filled out the form correctly. In a couple of days, DHL delivered it to me.

You did something to merit their scrutiny, and you're not being forthcoming as to what that might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back