Us Embassy Warning On Crime In Argentina

The same "problems" we have in Argentina are also present in all of the others mentioned. Maybe worse than Argentina. So just wondering if the the Embassy sends out the same letter everywhere. Maybe its a form letter to cover their a*s. I thought my answer was obvious.

Tom
Yes Tom. The Buenos Aires Embassy in charge of sending "France" and "Peru" ..........

What corner is that? May be a good corner to avoid.

Tom

Yes, still can't work out where in the thread the location of the diabolical corner was mentioned. Can you read each other's minds?

I didn't mention the corner because it is not in a place where many here would frequent, unless they happen to live in Versalles. Anyway, it is the connection of Porcel de Peralta and Nazzare, the latter of which is a direct route to provincia which is three blocks away across the Paz. The local copper said the crime is rising on the corner because they can quickly escape to provincia. Versalles, as I am sure some of you know is a pretty quiet barrio for the most part, it is not a bustling area of the city, so when places like this start declining it says it all.

Anyway, enough of this nonsese about the corner I mentioned, I am far more interested in this diabolical corner. The fact that it named that is rather ironic, is a lot of bad stuff happening there?

I didn't mention the corner because it is not in a place where many here would frequent, unless they happen to live in Versalles. Anyway, it is the connection of Porcel de Peralta and Nazzare, the latter of which is a direct route to provincia which is three blocks away across the Paz. The local copper said the crime is rising on the corner because they can quickly escape to provincia. Versalles, as I am sure some of you know is a pretty quiet barrio for the most part, it is not a bustling area of the city, so when places like this start declining it says it all.

Anyway, enough of this nonsese about the corner I mentioned, I am far more interested in this diabolical corner. The fact that it named that is rather ironic, is a lot of bad stuff happening there?
Now I am totally confused - weren't we talking about a corner in La Boca? Sleuth mentioned a mugging in La Boca and then with some strange mind reading powers RichardP said -
My wife grew up in La Boca and said that corner is particularly dangerous. There is a small "villa" very close by.
linking to an article in Clarin which also makes mention of this dangerous place 100m from Caminito but never specifying exactly where. Can someone clear up the mystery?

linking to an article in Clarin which also makes mention of this dangerous place 100m from Caminito but never specifying exactly where. Can someone clear up the mystery?

It looks like the incident happened in Palos and Pedro de Mendoza, on the corner of the Hospital de Odontologia of La Boca (by the riverside).

Back