Us Embassy Warning On Crime In Argentina

Who is Annie O'Connor and what does her atheism have to do with the fact that your assertion that I "probably joined" the Mormon church without knowing was actually contradicted by the information in the link that you provided?

Free speech protections permit you to continue in denial.

The symbiosis continues.....

Is it just me, or are there fewer annoyances when the Anti-Ajo thread is active. Maybe that should be a sticky. Oh wait, it was locked.

The symbiosis continues.....

Is it just me, or are there fewer annoyances when the Anti-Ajo thread is active. Maybe that should be a sticky. Oh wait, it was locked.

There is only one instigator...

PS: I didn't know that the thread had been locked, but it's obvious that in the past 24 hours someone released the hound to hijack another thread with almost instant and always irrelevant comments which are apparently meant only to "get to" me. Why should I relinquish my right to reply to this deliberate online harassment?

(And "hound" is the operative word here...as a verb.)

They don't live and let live. They are among the most aggressive proselytizers, and the least charitable toward those who do not agree with their worldview (if you can call it that).

They're harmless. I would say they're more relentless than they are aggressive. They used to come every weekend to my house and knock on the door to try and convert us and my other would politely decline. My mother decided to use another tactic and one day she told them we were Jewish and they never came back.

When I lived in the Far East I met two missionaries on the street. They managed Japanese quite well (they get excellent language training). Later they visited me at home and were very thoughtful. We had a serious chat about religion and Mormonism. I do not like to shut people off and refuse to listen to what they have to say. They offered to help me if I needed help and I believe they were sincere. I had an Argentine friend who had converted to Mormonism. He later stopped practicing it but his Mormon friends never rejected him. He went to live in the US, as an illegal, for many years. Guess where he went? Utah. Even though he no longer practiced Mormonism, his Mormon friends continued to help him, insisted that they still "loved him". While I don't agree with the tenets of the faith, I can see that there is a lot of good in many Mormon people.

Actually, the most effective way of dealing with them is to insist they share a beer with you.

Or offering a cup of coffee -- they don't drink caffeine either.

Or offering a cup of coffee -- they don't drink caffeine either.

Once, in Catamarca, I encountered a former missionary who was a mate addict. Their authorities didn't know enough about mate to place it on the proscribed list.

We have a short-term rental apartment and the guy staying there from the US was just mugged in La Boca. 3 guys jumped him, hit him and stole his smartphone. He ended up a bit out of it and in the hospital getting 3 stitches. On the way to the police station with Defensoria del Turista to file a report, they witnessed another robbery. Definitely not the impression to go home with...

Back