US FBI background check

Wow, I'm surprised the FBI rejected the prints done in B.A. I had mine done at the police station in BA in Palermo and they were accepted. I also had them done another time more recently at RNR in BA and they were accepted.

Fyi the FBI one said couldn’t verify on a state level so getting a state clearance as well .. just in case as it clearly states no state level

the big thing about the FBI report: The FBI report is only valid in Argentina while you haven't left. If you get in May and leave in June, the FBI report is not valid. You need to drop it off with migraciones _BEFORE_ you leave again.

You do not need a state level report.

There are many FBI finger print collectors at like... fedex's in the USA so its easier and better to do that electronically. And faster. If you have it e-collected you can have the report in your hand to apostille in less than 3 business days.

The issue is the apostille in post-pandemic is a nightmare.

I've been told by a lawyer that once you're in Argentina and begin the process from here you won't need to worry as the date of the Apostille will be after your last entry.

Yea. Just don’t leave Argentina and rethrn until you give them your stuff. Otherwise the fbi check is invalid.

I have first hand recent knowledge on this. I can give you the name of the company that did the process for me. The office in Washington DC is still closed due to covid :rolleyes:. There is no walk-in service. The apostle is taking between 4 to 6 weeks long. Send me a message and I will give you the email and phone number. Good luck!

My apostille came through about 3 weeks ago, it took approximately 12 weeks for a trámite that could be done instantaneously beforehand.

These were channelers that obtained the apostille by going in person to the DoS. It was issued on the spot. Since the pandemics, the DoS no longer offer walk-ins, so the only advantage of channelers is that they can received your PDF, print it and mail it to the DOS.
In some States, there are authorized channeler that can request the background check and the apostille at the same time, and they are still quicker than doing it separately (LiveScan). This is an option only if the individual is still in the US and can go in person to the channeler's office.
Your Correct!

Im getting two versions

One very quick using live Scan.

Two being told quickest 5 to 7 weeks

State Department told me 8 weeks half hour ago.

Last bit for solve!

Thanks

I did mine from Argentina, and they organized to have an apostille service do the expedited processing on that. I didn't speak to anyone at the FBI, there are just companies that will deal with your apostille processing and request the expediting.
Hello thanks for information can you send the link to who you used? I need to keep my options open.

UPDATE

COVID-19 UPDATE February 7th, 2023
THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE HAS YET TO RESUME EXPEDITING SERVICES. ITS CURRENTLY TAKING THEM 6 WEEKS TO APOSTILLE

Hope this helps others

Back