US Passport Renewal

Binsen

Registered
Hello!
I need to renew my US passport. Every time I access the US Embassy online scheduling system, there are no appointments available. It does show FULLY BOOKED appointment dates, however, I never see any AVAILABLE appointment dates. I try the system several times a day, all week long.

When I call the embassy, the recording says it's closed and they only take emergency calls. My situation is not really an emergency. I live in BA and I want to go visit family back in the US....

Can anybody help me out?

Last edited:
I would call the Emergency line and tell them you Must travel asap for a family situation..!

I sent an email... this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting us. We realize that checking constantly is annoying and time-consuming. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but unfortunately, the only way to schedule an appointment is via the website. Slots open and close at any time/day so please continue monitoring it.

Frustrating to say the least...

Im in the same boat except I dont need to travel back. The thing is Im applying for credit back in the states and I cannot do absolutely anything without a valid passport. Whats worse thats my only ID.

Anyone think the Embassy would do something for these cases? I mean you cant do almost anything without a valid ID. Isnt that an emergency?

Im in the same boat except I dont need to travel back. The thing is Im applying for credit back in the states and I cannot do absolutely anything without a valid passport. Whats worse thats my only ID.

Anyone think the Embassy would do something for these cases? I mean you cant do almost anything without a valid ID. Isnt that an emergency?

I got an appointment! You basically have to be online all day and keep checking. Painful, but the appointments appear. Check now.

Congrats!!! Can you please explain how exactly you got it? I mean, did you check every hour for example? Or everytime you log in you stay for 5/10 minutes refreshing? Also, what month was the first available appointment?

Congrats!!! Can you please explain how exactly you got it? I mean, did you check every hour for example? Or everytime you log in you stay for 5/10 minutes refreshing? Also, what month was the first available appointment?

I work online, so I just kept the appointment page open and tried every so often during the day. There were appointments available this month. It's a pain, but you have to just keep trying every day, several times a day. Office hours work best.

Thank you very much I will definitely try now, do you know if they accept credit cards? pesos or usd in cash?

Thanks one last one, did you have the appointments page for October 2020 open and just refresh many times a day? Or did you open up the appointments page everytime until you found availability?

The reason I ask specifically is cause I have a friend who has been trying for the past week and has had no luck. Im assuming there must be an exact way to be able to get it.

Back