USA credit cards ... Unusable from Argentina?

I think you are identifying the problem.
But am 80 years juvencito ... don´t know all of this new hoooops
What are they for
do i need to hire a techie nerd to teach me how to pay an online website
I don't think this is the problem. Make sure your PP account is actually ARGENTINE PP account. Not a US one. And just associated an Argentine form of payment and it will work.

I use my USA credit cards whenever I'm ready to give up the blue dollar rate. The cards work on Mercado Libre, and in stores; once in a while at certains stores they don't have the proper devices and they don't go through but most of the time they do work. Same thing with my USA debit cards.

i'm really not sure what sites you are referring to...but i have not noticed any shift away from sites accepting CCs. much less USA ones. i could use mine all day long if i wanted but it would be dumb because the rate is terrible.

I don't think this is the problem. Make sure your PP account is actually ARGENTINE PP account. Not a US one. And just associated an Argentine form of payment and it will work.

Wait, what? There is Paypal in Argentina???

i'm really not sure what sites you are referring to...but i have not noticed any shift away from sites accepting CCs. much less USA ones. i could use mine all day long if i wanted but it would be dumb because the rate is terrible.
wephone.com

I use my USA credit cards whenever I'm ready to give up the blue dollar rate. The cards work on Mercado Libre, and in stores; once in a while at certains stores they don't have the proper devices and they don't go through but most of the time they do work. Same thing with my USA debit cards.
Mercadolibre and local stores and merchants are no problem.
Paying international online websites is a problem.

Exactly
And that is the problem.

pay with a debit card. Yes -- even in the US you might not be able to pay with a foreign credit card for online services because the ZIP and address fields may not be deigned to accept a non US address.
Correct.
And that is a problem.

It would have been more concise and precise to the point if the title was:

USA CC´s .... Unusable from Argentina for International Merchants.

Back