USA credit cards ... Unusable from Argentina?

have you ever tried using a VPN?

I've always tried to circumvent stupidity rather than figure it out or reason with it.
Am almost sure this is the problem. For me Easier Said Than Done.
Wish someone can teach me how to go through this hooop

Last edited:
I don't think this is the problem. Make sure your PP account is actually ARGENTINE PP account. Not a US one. And just associated an Argentine form of payment and it will work.

Presently you can not use Argentine credit or debit card with Paypal (not even with Argentine Paypal account).

xeab, since you already have Arg Paypal account, just ask somebody to send money to this account and pay him/her in cash. When you will have balance, you should be able to pay to the merchant. Alternatively, you can use sites like https://saldo.com.ar to buy the Paypal balance (no personal experience).

I think you are identifying the problem.
But am 80 years juvencito ... don´t know all of this new hoooops
What are they for
do i need to hire a techie nerd to teach me how to pay an online website

My parents are younger than you and probably could never figure out how to log onto a forum and exchange messages with people, so you seem to be doing ok!

A VPN is a program that you can download onto your computer that will make websites that you visit think that you are in another country. You can download it set it to connect with a US IP address and then go to whatever website you'd like. There are many, here is one you could try out - https://www.expressvpn.com/

Presently you can not use Argentine credit or debit card with Paypal (not even with Argentine Paypal account).

xeab, since you already have Arg Paypal account, just ask somebody to send money to this account and pay him/her in cash. When you will have balance, you should be able to pay to the merchant. Alternatively, you can use sites like https://saldo.com.ar to buy the Paypal balance (no personal experience).
Exactly what I need

My parents are younger than you and probably could never figure out how to log onto a forum and exchange messages with people, so you seem to be doing ok!

A VPN is a program that you can download onto your computer that will make websites that you visit think that you are in another country. You can download it set it to connect with a US IP address and then go to whatever website you'd like. There are many, here is one you could try out - https://www.expressvpn.com/
I want to be able to do that. I read a bit and tried a bit ...
Frustrated

I would say your best chance of understanding might be to watch a youtube tutorial video and try to follow along

Try this and see if you have any luck

I would say your best chance of understanding might be to watch a youtube tutorial video and try to follow along

Try this and see if you have any luck
Many many thanks.
I was trying youtube videos showing free VPN.
Now I know better. I have to pay for the real thing. ExpressVPN. Now I´m sure am all set.

i frequently use mine from here to make overseas purchases (like for online subscriptions). i haven't had any issue.

are you sure there isn't some sort of problem with your card?

That explains why non of my Argentine accts ever worked.
(Also Argentine Banco Nacion acct never worked even though it said "successful")

Sounds more of a direct solution than paying a VPN subscription to pay my wePhone.com subscription.
I´m on Saldo.com.ar web page right now ... all I can see is descriptions of their products and Departmento De Venta. Filled out my name and email yesterday. So far no response. How could these people be reached? I´m not able to see anything else on Saldo.com.ar web page in terms of how to contact them or how to subscribe or how to crerate acct.

Bottom line, all I want to do is to pay $9.95 to wePhone.com.
Am I asking for the moon?
Is there a way?

D

Last edited:
Back