Usa Land Of The Fr.....

mrporoto

Registered
California law allows growing of "medicinal marijuana" so obumas feds arrest and jail a "legal supplier" for ten years!! so I am told.Stories from the Trillion dollar drugs war,failure.

State law is superseded by national law. This is a good thing and it has ensured a lot more freedom than it's ever taken away.

California law allows for the growing of "medicinal marijuana". so Yet, I am told that Obama's feds arrested and jailed a "legal supplier" for ten years!! so I am told. Stories from the trillion dollar drugs war; failure.

Look, I'm not fully bilingual yet either and I even frequently make mistakes in my own language, so I try not to judge others too harshly for their spelling and grammar errors in English. However, norms such as the capitalizing of proper nouns, putting spaces between words, and capitalizing the first letter in a sentence are common to both Spanish and English and when you choose to ignore them in almost every single post it just looks lazy and rude.

Sod off i'll write how i want it;s the content thats important not that ass holes like u have anyting worth saying,no offence!!

First you call me an "ass hole" and tell me to "sod off", then you say "no offence". How did you want me to take that exactly? I don't really want to get in a fight with you on the internet, but I'll call attention to the fact that my first reply in this thread was a response to the "content" of your post.

I really hope English isn't your native language, although your use of "sod off" makes me suspect that it is.

Not sure how this thread exactly fits into the whole "baexpats" theme, but, since we're already here....

State law is superseded by national law. This is a good thing and it has ensured a lot more freedom than it's ever taken away.

There are a growing many (myself included) who would argue this statement point by point. A large and growing number of Americans believe the federal government has become too large and has overstepped the boundaries of its powers. The 10th amendment states “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” The power of the federal court to interpret the constitution has created a loophole by which law has been corrupted from the constitution's original intent of state sovereignty and strictly limited federal government. It's painfully obvious that neither state nor federal laws ensure freedom. WE, individuals, communities ensure our freedom. WE, individuals must look within ourselves to understand what those freedoms are, and I think most of us would agree the bill of rights is a beautiful starting point, written by men who recognized that freedoms are fragile, and must be won, guarded and cherished. While you can find examples of federal laws and employees coming to the rescue and enforcing constitutional rights, I find the opposite more prevalent, to the point of feeling a sense of suffocation, like I have no room to breath, control my money, or keep any kind of rein on big brother run amok. Overly centralized power is historically the stuff that empires in decline and despotic disasters are made of.

Not sure how this thread exactly fits into the whole "baexpats" theme, but, since we're already here....

There are a growing many (myself included) who would argue this statement point by point. A large and growing number of Americans believe the federal government has become too large and has overstepped the boundaries of its powers. The 10th amendment states “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” The power of the federal court to interpret the constitution has created a loophole by which law has been corrupted from the constitution's original intent of state sovereignty and strictly limited federal government. It's painfully obvious that neither state nor federal laws ensure freedom. WE, individuals, communities ensure our freedom. WE, individuals must look within ourselves to understand what those freedoms are, and I think most of us would agree the bill of rights is a beautiful starting point, written by men who recognized that freedoms are fragile, and must be won, guarded and cherished. While you can find examples of federal laws and employees coming to the rescue and enforcing constitutional rights, I find the opposite more prevalent, to the point of feeling a sense of suffocation, like I have no room to breath, control my money, or keep any kind of rein on big brother run amok. Overly centralized power is historically the stuff that empires in decline and despotic disasters are made of.

Its fitting to respond to this today as I think Dr. King would rather vehemently disagree with you over the value of giving the states more say in questions of freedom. My entire family is from Montgomery, AL and I can assure you that were it not for the federal courts very liberal interpretation of the constitutionality of the civli rights act of 1964, we would probably still see some signs like this today.

segregation-drinking-fountain-400x300.jpg

What it comes down to is that the US is not and should not be 50 different countries. The idea that you can have people become felons for driving across state lines because they forgot to take their legally bought weed (or firearm) out of the glove compartment is completely ridiculous. That people who are married in one state may not be married in others is beyond comprehension and seems to be a direct contravention of the full faith and credit clause.

i also don't know what this thread is doing here but the OP sure sounds like some imbecile
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Sod off i'll write how i want it;s the content thats important not that ass holes like u have anyting worth saying,no offence!![/background]
who, to boot, can't even spell what is obviously one of his favorite words (asshole).

honestly don't know what these people are to trying to express. doesn't matter...

Kind of a proud day for the old Gringo. Within my lifetime have seen the worst of segregation in the USA and today shall watch the inauguration of a black President. May I add, the 2nd inauguration of a black President. Simply amazing for me.

Sod off i'll write how i want it;s the content thats important not that ass holes like u have anyting worth saying,no offence!!

This kind of writing belongs on a wearable sign. Get to work! I think there's a vacancy at the corner of Corrientes and Callao for you to shout at.

Back