USA Who will Be President ? Where to Watch

At least the Republicans are honest about their disdain for the poor and offer them unfettered access to guns, jesus, and prescription opiods to keep them docile.

Pelosi, Schumer and others claim they are out to protect the poor while they only push policies that benefit Wall Street and the professional class.

The Republican strategy has worked in part because they've convinced poor and working class whites to view themselves as "white" and not poor (because this is a classist concept) and that their economic hardships are the result of being white in a system that gives everyone else advantages over them. It also hasn't helped that there is a whole industry of liberal academics getting rich off perpetuating intersectionality theory that collectively blames whites for everything (I should add that I'm not white, but I still find that whole premise to be superficial and counterproductive).

Most poor people in the US are just as economically and politically disenfranchized regardless of race when it comes to the main issues like access to education, healthcare, and upward mobility. The only real difference is that poor minorities tend to be concentrated in urban areas and poor whites in rural areas. I would even argue that poor whites actually have less visibility, because any media story about poverty by default almost always concerns urban minority communities.

It’s pretty simple, kids. The USA Empire has run its course.

Get Glubb’s THE FATE OF EMPIRES and SEARCH FOR SURVIVAL off the shelf and reread. It’s not terribly PC, but then neither is history, it turns out. If you’ve misplaced your copy, find it here: https://www.docdroid.net/5CdrehR/the-fate-of-empires-by-sir-john-glubb-pdf

Refresher:

(b) 250 years emerges as the average length of national greatness.
(c) This average has not varied for 3,000 years.
(d) The stages of the rise and fall of great nations seem to be:

The Age of Pioneers (outburst)
The Age of Conquests
The Age of Commerce
The Age of Affluence
The Age of Intellect
The Age of Decadence.

(e) Decadence is marked by:
Defensiveness
Pessimism
Materialism
Frivolity
An influx of foreigners
The Welfare State
A weakening of religion.

(f) Decadence is due to:
Too long a period of wealth and power
Selfishness
Love of money
The loss of a sense of duty.

It’s pretty simple, kids. The USA Empire has run its course.

Get Glubb’s THE FATE OF EMPIRES and SEARCH FOR SURVIVAL off the shelf and reread. It’s not terribly PC, but then neither is history, it turns out. If you’ve misplaced your copy, find it here: https://www.docdroid.net/5CdrehR/the-fate-of-empires-by-sir-john-glubb-pdf

Refresher:

(b) 250 years emerges as the average length of national greatness.
(c) This average has not varied for 3,000 years.
(d) The stages of the rise and fall of great nations seem to be:

The Age of Pioneers (outburst)
The Age of Conquests
The Age of Commerce
The Age of Affluence
The Age of Intellect
The Age of Decadence.

(e) Decadence is marked by:
Defensiveness
Pessimism
Materialism
Frivolity
An influx of foreigners
The Welfare State
A weakening of religion.

(f) Decadence is due to:
Too long a period of wealth and power
Selfishness
Love of money
The loss of a sense of duty.

19C = UK
20C = USA
21C = CHINA
22C = ARGENTINA

19C = UK
20C = USA
21C = CHINA
22C = ARGENTINA
Very good! Trying to imagine what the Argentine Empire would be like. Plenty of tannat and bife de chorizo and they have my vote.

Funny how everyone here takes this all so seriously. I'm amused, anyway, and that's all that matters.

Interestingly enough, Biden has now gotten more votes than any other candidate in the history of the USA. And they arent done counting yet.

Interestingly enough, Biden has now gotten more votes than any other candidate in the history of the USA. And they arent done counting yet.
That's nice. But it doesn't matter. Only the Electoral College does. And, with GOP control of the Senate and the likelihood the GOP picks up additional House seats in 2022, the Electoral College isn't going anywhere. This is a civil war, and it's clear who is winning.

Democrats are better for the environment. That's what I care about, and that's what I vote.
Agree. But USA also needs to boycott the Chinese industrial products to which they are hopelessly addicted. China by far worst environmental perpetrator.

That's nice. But it doesn't matter. Only the Electoral College does. And, with GOP control of the Senate and the likelihood the GOP picks up additional House seats in 2022, the Electoral College isn't going anywhere. This is a civil war, and it's clear who is winning.
I dont find it either "nice", or "not nice". Its a simple fact, which, of course, does not change the fact that the electoral college votes will decide THIS election.
But its extremely important as a signifier of the way demographics in the USA are changing, and what direction they are changing in. Bush lost the popular vote to Gore, Trump lost it to both Clinton and Biden.
The popular vote will, eventually, change the electoral college votes, even if no electoral college changes are made, and, most likely it will happen in the next one or two presidential elections.

IF Trump wins this time, it will still be quite meaningful how badly he loses the popular vote.
I have kids in their 20s. I know many of their friends. Those kids will be in the majority voter category within 8 to 12 years, and they do NOT vote like their grandparents did. Even the most libertarian of my kids friends still are in favor of gay marriage, legalized pot, mail in voting, and are pro-choice.

The Biden votes represent a majority of the US voters. And that majority, sooner or later, is gonna come after Republican Gerrymandering, and most likely will change the Electoral College, too. The Squad all got re-elected, no problem. Along with a bunch more young, (not rich) women of color in the house.

To quote ol' Paul Kantner, in a song from almost 50 years ago- "Its a fresh wind that blows against the empire".

Back