Using international SMS for 2FA while in Argentina

Yes, Ryan Reynolds sold the company to T-Mobile, hahaha...made a pretty penny on that deal.

Well, I have no idea if esim is available with them...need to go online to mintmobile and look. Otherwise you need to have them send a sim card to your mailbox in the USA and forward it. You do nothing with T-Mobile. Good question about configuration...you'd have to ask them on the phone. They do not care if you are traveling outside the USA. I configured in the USA so don't know

Found most of the answers on the web page, seems like to activate the eSIM one needs to download the application in the US, etc

See if I am thinking correctly. You have an account and use the phone through you wifi connection?
I do not use the account through a wifi connection...a normal sim card which I only use when I need to get a text message verification otherwise I use my claro sim

Found most of the answers on the web page, seems like to activate the eSIM one needs to download the application in the US, etc

Maybe it would work with a simple fake gps and a VPN in the USA like I do all the time.

Maybe it would work with a simple fake gps and a VPN in the USA like I do all the time.
I would be happy just connected via Internet.wfi...leave it as a dedicated phone for messages. I will have to change phones..pay ATT for the phone I am using...pay for Mint...and I will save hundereds the first year!

I would be happy just connected via Internet.wfi...leave it as a dedicated phone for messages. I will have to change phones..pay ATT for the phone I am using...pay for Mint...and I will save hundereds the first year!
I'm not sure what you mean..to get an sms text message you must use a real phone company service in the country you are in. T-Mobile and mint use movistar in Argentina...

Thank you all for the sage advice! I do have a physical mailing address in the US but I've always been a bit hesitant to misrepresent where i live :/
So, you don't have a drivers license in the USA anymore because that requires a USA address in the state you say you live in (and you state that it's your residence too) and most states require you give them a new address within 30 days of moving to be legal. Also, to vote you need a USA address...but that's maybe not as important as the drivers license, hahaha.
The worst that happens is the bank or brokerage companies close your account...you aren't going to prison.
And, it's why I have about 10 different bank and brokerage accounts, lol. If I get pissed at one of them or, them at me...it means nothing to me to switch.
Also, if you want to be technical...my domicile is in Oregon at my sister's house. My residency is elsewhere.
I don't answer the residency question just like my lawyer told me to do. When asked where my residency is I tell them my domicile is at my sister's house and give the address. My mailbox however is where all my mail goes and I never say the box is my residence or my domicile.

Last edited:
Back