Using my US debit card in Argentina.

I had trouble a BofA US Debit Card.in some places. However if they read it as a Credit Card it Worked..!

It's a lottery. Some times it works, some times it doesn't. It depends on the technology they use in each place.

I thought someone had to go in person to a WU store in the US to make the transfer. Does it really work well? That would be a dream come true - no more sneaking into cuevas loaded with bills.

Been living on my US-imported dollar hoard, but it is running out. Specially with the older bills - "cara chica" no longer being accepted.
I have my money in my us bank. I send myself Western Union once a month. No problem.

Man using your USA debit or credit card in argentina is the worst exchange rate you can get. Use WU to transfer yourself money and your make an extra ~35% or so. I do about 3000usd a month without issue.

Man using your USA debit or credit card in argentina is the worst exchange rate you can get. Use WU to transfer yourself money and your make an extra ~35% or so. I do about 3000usd a month without issue.
That WU transfer goes to your argentine bank acct. or you go and get pesos cash somewhere? Maybe that ~35% is the price to pay to stay under AFIP's radar.

That WU transfer goes to your argentine bank acct. or you go and get pesos cash somewhere? Maybe that ~35% is the price to pay to stay under AFIP's radar.
I send from bank account to bank account. I think there may be some confusion you get 60ARS with the debit/atm card, with WU you get 115 or so.

The atm with your USA debit card is the biggest ripoff in Argentina. Particularly bad when you consider the 10 dollar fee on top of the crappy rate.

Back