Using prepaid SIM with unlocked iPhone?

ElLatingo

Registered
Hey everyone,

I recently unlocked an old iPhone of mine and tried to use the SIM card from my Claro phone, which is prepago. Unfortunately, I keep getting a "Waiting For Activation" message on my iPhone.

Does anyone know if ARG carriers require you to have a contract to be able to use a SIM with a jailbroken/unlocked phone? Or can you, in fact, use a SIM from a prepago and I just need to go to a Claro sucursal?

Thanks...
David

ElLatingo said:
Hey everyone,

I recently unlocked an old iPhone of mine and tried to use the SIM card from my Claro phone, which is prepago. Unfortunately, I keep getting a "Waiting For Activation" message on my iPhone.

Does anyone know if ARG carriers require you to have a contract to be able to use a SIM with a jailbroken/unlocked phone? Or can you, in fact, use a SIM from a prepago and I just need to go to a Claro sucursal?

Thanks...
David

I´m using Movistar although have been having trouble receiving international calls. Receive local calls and texts without a problem.

Edit: No contract, unlocked phone and prepaid sim.

I just bought an unlocked fone(from UK)and put my movistar sim in, and it works a treat

I (and at least 3 other people I can think of) use an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone with Movistar prepago. Never had a problem making or receiving calls or with texting. I also use the 10 pesos for 2 days of data promotion with no problems...

Take the phone with the SIM card into Claro and they will adjust the phone to function with the SIM card. As long as you have a World Triband or Quadband phone then it will work with the Claro card.

dont put your iphone in the hands of anyone . There is no adjustment necc.
make sure the sim is properly placed.
Restart the iphone . you should be ok . I have an iphone in my desk drawer i dont use , but i fully tested it , i use movistar.
PLEASE dont let any tech from anyplace handle your iphone , dont ever let the fone out of your field of view.
I have a friend that purchased a nice HTC . all he wanted was to change the language. theis expert attempted a rom replacement . It rendered this expensive phone inoperable , it doesnt even charge the bateries.
Ask notebook.fix. he might be able to help you .

agree... no need to give your phone to any agent that'll probably mess it up.

You can try the following on your iPhone:

- Install the SIM
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

The menu steps might be a bit different depending on your iOS level, but basically you are looking for the "Reset Network Settings" option. This will clear the network settings stored on your iPhone and download the correct (local) carrier settings. DO NOT tap on any of the other "reset" options as that could erase your data.

After you do this, you may need to wait a few minutes (5 to 10 is not unusual), and perhaps reboot the phone afterwards.

If that does not work, then the unlock on the phone might be bad or maybe it is simply jailbroken but not unlocked.

Good luck!

I have an unlocked iphone. I use PERSONAL and the clerk at the Airport sets it up for me each time I arrive. It always works great. I hope this helps. Thanks

Back