Using the iPhone 4 in BsAS

I'm serious. Please tell me what is so great about an iPhone that anyone would bother putting up with all of iCrap, iAp and all of the other unhandy things that go along with iStuff?????? What did I miss?

domthegreat said:
I already have a claro sim card i use with my normal cell phone here by buying pre-paid cards. So once i unlock my iphone, can i just cut the sim down to fit, and then keep using the pre-paid cards?

Yep, you just cut it and put it in. I have a SIM cutter if you want to borrow it, or you can follow the instructions online on how to cut it.

ghost said:
I'm serious. Please tell me what is so great about an iPhone that anyone would bother putting up with all of iCrap, iAp and all of the other unhandy things that go along with iStuff?????? What did I miss?

Because snobism is important when one's got it all :D

More seriously, I can't really compare with BB or other smartphones since my iPhone is the first smartphone I ever bought.

Once jailbroken, an iPhone is not limited to the appstore anymore and basically, I can do or install whatever I want on it.

Unfortunately I can't compare with other models, but there are tons of applications for it.

The plus it has others don't have : the design (matter of taste), and yes, this snobbish thing which I like.

Is it worth paying more for an iPhone than a BB or whatever ? I don't know

French jurist said:
Because snobism is important when one's got it all :D

More seriously, I can't really compare with BB or other smartphones since my iPhone is the first smartphone I ever bought.

Once jailbroken, an iPhone is not limited to the appstore anymore and basically, I can do or install whatever I want on it.

Unfortunately I can't compare with other models, but there are tons of applications for it.

The plus it has others don't have : the design (matter of taste), and yes, this snobbish thing which I like.

Is it worth paying more for an iPhone than a BB or whatever ? I don't know

I guess I'm just not a heavy phone user [calls yes, apps no]. Infact there's something about knowing that I'm trackable and that any [police type] agency [or hack master] can simply turn on my mic and listen in any time, even if the thing is turned off, is bothersome. Maybe I'm paranoid but this is about as close to a subdermal chip as I care to get.

ghost said:

Okay, so this started out as a lighthearted dig at the probability that Thomas Jefferson did not say 'reisitance' and ended up with the inability to find out what, if anything he did say. I've checked hard copy books and on line sources and come up with nothing. Help me out here, folks: if Jefferson actually said 'When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty' when did he say it, where and to whom?

elhombresinnombre said:
Okay, so this started out as a lighthearted dig at the probability that Thomas Jefferson did not say 'reisitance' and ended up with the inability to find out what, if anything he did say. I've checked hard copy books and on line sources and come up with nothing. Help me out here, folks: if Jefferson actually said 'When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty' when did he say it, where and to whom?
Really don't know. Let me know when you find out. Good hunting.

ghost said:
Really don't know. Let me know when you find out. Good hunting.

Yebbut.... I think you are the only one advocating 'reisitance' :D

elhombresinnombre said:
Yebbut.... I think you are the only one advocating 'reisitance' :D
Wow, thanks allot. That is a killer typo. But I think you need a hobby or a job or something to distract you from proof reading signatures. Don't forget to let me know when you find the original quote. THX

ghost said:
Wow, thanks allot. That is a killer typo. But I think you need a hobby or a job or something to distract you from proof reading signatures.

Yeah: sad, isn't it? Maybe this isn't the time to confess that I've been watching the sixth and seventh words in the side bar in the BA Expats home page for nearly two years now and I'm still wondering if anyone else has noticed...

ghost said:
Don't forget to let me know when you find the original quote. THX

It looks to me like one of those urban myth type things where a lot of people assume some guy must have said something and before long it gets treated as established fact. I've pored over academic papers with citations for pretty well all of Jefferson's known writings and sayings and I've drawn a blank on this one. So now I'm waiting for someone else to come along and show me what I've overlooked.

Anyway, I like your new .sig attribution. If a thing's worth saying, does it matter who said it first?

elhombresinnombre said:
Yeah: sad, isn't it? Maybe this isn't the time to confess that I've been watching the sixth and seventh words in the side bar in the BA Expats home page for nearly two years now and I'm still wondering if anyone else has noticed...

It looks to me like one of those urban myth type things where a lot of people assume some guy must have said something and before long it gets treated as established fact. I've pored over academic papers with citations for pretty well all of Jefferson's known writings and sayings and I've drawn a blank on this one. So now I'm waiting for someone else to come along and show me what I've overlooked.

Anyway, I like your new .sig attribution. If a thing's worth saying, does it matter who said it first?
You are correct. Thank you.
back to the typo thing. There is not a day that passes that I don't see dozens of typos in stories published by the NYT, Clarin or WSJ and etc and I'm a lousy proof reader. But somehow I think the web and the computer and chatlish have made us all less proper and slightly more stupid.

Back