Using the iPhone 4 in BsAS

MacDaddy said:
On the iPhone, you have to jailbreak before you can unlock. You can not unlock an iPhone without jailbreaking it first.

I have an unlocked iPhone and it is not jailbroken....

BA Barrio Busquador said:
I have an unlocked iPhone and it is not jailbroken....

You can buy an unlocked iPhone in some countries. It is not possible in the States, which is why you have to jailbreak and then unlock.

Sleuth said:
You can buy an unlocked iPhone in some countries. It is not possible in the States, which is why you have to jailbreak and then unlock.

It is now possible since about two months ?

French jurist said:
It is now possible since about two months ?

Still not possible in the States to buy a factory unlocked iPhone.

So I just bought a Movistar Chip and cut it to fit in my phone. But all it does when it goes in is give me one little bar, and no name comes up. I cant get it to work. Am i doing something wrong?

domthegreat said:
So I just bought a Movistar Chip and cut it to fit in my phone. But all it does when it goes in is give me one little bar, and no name comes up. I cant get it to work. Am i doing something wrong?

Just confirming - your iPhone is unlocked, right?

Yes i did the jailbreak first, and then i unlocked it. So what is the problem? I know someone else who used a US iphone4 and did the same thing and it worked. They used a cut movistar card, and it works fine for them.

domthegreat said:
Yes i did the jailbreak first, and then i unlocked it. So what is the problem? I know someone else who used a US iphone4 and did the same thing and it worked. They used a cut movistar card, and it works fine for them.

It works for me too. I have a SIM cutter and cut my Movistar SIM for the iPhone 4.

Did you confirm that this card worked in another phone before cutting it?

I suppose cutting it improperly could cause issues...

When you first put it in, did it show up with just one bar, and no name of the company (aka movistar)?

domthegreat said:
When you first put it in, did it show up with just one bar, and no name of the company (aka movistar)?

No, I think it all came up. Did you put it into Airplane mode and then take it out of airplane mode? That sometimes works.

Back