Validity Of Police Clearance

Saffa in BA

Registered
Hoping someone here can help me out :)

I'm in the process of applying for my work visa, with a company sponsoring me. I just have a question about how long the police clearance is valid for, since I've seen conflicting information. I had it done before I left South Africa, and it was issued 10 March 2014, but was only apostilled 04 June. If the 6 month validity is correct, does this count from the date the police clearance or the apostille was issued?

Is it worth taking a chance with these documents or am I better off reapplying for the police clearance and apostille?

Due to other paperwork I wasn't able to apply for the visa until now, and am aiming to apply in December.

Just recently someone mentioned on this forum that they were able to do it with a report that was 7 months old.
http://baexpats.org/..._40#entry283971

If you make an appointment with migraciones they'll let you know which documents you may be missing and which are valid. With any luck you'll be okay -- worst case scenario you'll have to order it again.

As long as you haven't been back to the issuing country since the report was issued, you shouldn't have any problems.

Back