Venezuela: Condones Para Pocos

Those elections were highly controlled by a lot of peope from different countries, including the US, Holland, Argentina, etc, thats why the fraud theory did not find repercusion outside Venezuela. Everyone recognised Maduro as a democratical elected president, including the US that did the same in 2002 coup with an imposed president.

Those elections were highly controlled by a lot of peope from different countries, including the US, Holland, Argentina, etc, thats why the fraud theory did not find repercusion outside Venezuela. Everyone recognised Maduro as a democratical elected president, including the US that did the same in 2002 coup with an imposed president.

Huh?

Its obvious what the trend is; Maduro won by a 1 % margin same as George Bush,,,,"" Next election will see !! After all these lines to get toilette paper...?

It all depends what paper you read ,,,, Pagina 12 or Clarin...?? B)

PD... I find all your comments and Bajo Cero 's coincide with Brancatelli and Camilo...?? :cool: in Inratables TV program

Even if he is the democratically elected president - history shows that often enough people came to power who were definitely not good for a country and it's people. So your whole conclusion "he is elected so he must be good" does not make sense at all.

Even if he is the democratically elected president - history shows that often enough people came to power who were definitely not good for a country and it's people. So your whole conclusion "he is elected so he must be good" does not make sense at all.

I never said that. Check it.

What I said, is that there may be something missing in this forum about Maduro (and the Ks, whatsoever), that you are not considering. Something good, because we are talking of 15 years of democratical elections in both countries, where they have majority in both cameras, and even with the erosion that time gives to every government, they still have high percentages of popularity. There must be something good they have done that people on this board cant see.

I dont know, but if some government as drastic as is Chavez/Maduro gets elected over and over and over during the past 17 years, winning every election you can have, making deep changes in society, maybe, just maybe, there is something good being done by them. You have to justify the enormous support they have in votes, explaining without the "they are all ignorant" cliche.

Huge misconception. Elections are rigged. Feeding the poor (teach a man to fish, feed a man a fish...) to get their vote is also done. Yeah, less hungry poor people. All the Naomi Campbell and Sean Penn stunts were a disgrace, supporting communism in Venezuela. Yeah, the government does charity, give poor people in the mountain slums guns and drugs. Also build them crappy schools where they will get a subpar communist education where history lessons start with Chavez, ignoring the colonial times etc. Just warms my heart.

It is a dictatorship - there is no freedom of speech. The press is controlled by the government. Protesters are shot.

Keeping everybody down is the means to power. Progress and education are there worst fears.

Everybody, including the poor, hates Maduro...

...Who, by the way, is Colombian and before being president was a bus driver (Ok, he was also head of the bus driver's association BFD). I just think people should know.

Do you want to know why my family never returned to Venezuela? When Chavez' regime started, his speeches were very Hitler-ish. He was very charismatic, and he was blaming the White Venezuelans from the get-go. Blame it on the blondes, on those of Euro descent. Huge warning sign.

You can't be president, a leader supposed to represent an entire, culturally diverse nation (believe it or not), and blast a good percentage of your citizens and blame them for all the problems the country has. He was a president built out of racism, resentment, and what we call "complejo" - good ol' psychological inferiority complex leading him to hate. My parents weren't having it.

Huge misconception. Elections are rigged. Feeding the poor (teach a man to fish, feed a man a fish...) to get their vote is also done. Yeah, less hungry poor people. All the Naomi Campbell and Sean Penn stunts were a disgrace, supporting communism in Venezuela. Yeah, the government does charity, give poor people in the mountain slums guns and drugs. Also build them crappy schools where they will get a subpar communist education where history lessons start with Chavez, ignoring the colonial times etc. Just warms my heart.

It is a dictatorship - there is no freedom of speech. The press is controlled by the government. Protesters are shot.

Keeping everybody down is the means to power. Progress and education are there worst fears.

Everybody, including the poor, hates Maduro...

...Who, by the way, is Colombian and before being president was a bus driver (Ok, he was also head of the bus driver's association BFD). I just think people should know.

Do you want to know why my family never returned to Venezuela? When Chavez' regime started, his speeches were very Hitler-ish. He was very charismatic, and he was blaming the White Venezuelans from the get-go. Blame it on the blondes, on those of Euro descent. Huge warning sign.

You can't be president, a leader supposed to represent an entire, culturally diverse nation (believe it or not), and blast a good percentage of your citizens and blame them for all the problems the country has. He was a president built out of racism, resentment, and what we call "complejo" - good ol' psychological inferiority complex leading him to hate. My parents weren't having it.

The strength of your opinions appears to be inversely proportional to your understanding. Except for Cuba (which is unraveling) and North Korea (really an hereditary tyranny), there hasn't been a true Communist government since the Soviet Union itself unraveled. I was intrigued to read, though, that a "Hitler-ish" figure could blame "white people" for everything.

There's plenty to criticize in all of these governments without resorting to simplistic name-calling, but that appears to be your strength.

It is a dictatorship-style government with very communist policies, disguised as a democracy.

In Venezuela, he was often compared to Hitler because of his speaking style. This isn't me comparing him, it's me repeating what I've heard over and over. His speaking style has always been similar. And I wish I could say the white people thing was a joke, as it is absurd, but it is not. He said it. It's there. It was always a war against the European and American influence, a war against the longtime wealthy. Right or wrong, you cannot, as president, throw the blame on a portion of the population you are meant to represent and respect and build a better country and life for. I am sorry, but I stand by my opinion.

In principle, and on paper, many of his policies were good. From an outside viewpoint, he appears a savior. In reality, things are not as clean-cut. It all looks good if you just read a newspaper.

There is proof that Maduro is Colombian born, so in reality he should not be president.

He was a bus driver with minimal education prior to his joining Chavez. That can't be disputed. It is hardly a qualification to run a government.

And pardon my fervor, but I've skyped with my younger cousins and watched them whimper with the lights off, furniture against the doors, and seen the flash of grenades thrown at college student protesters via camera live. I've seen the military break into apartment complexes, tearing down the gates of the building my aunt lives in via her own camera (reasoning: protests by residents via "cacerolaso" - banging pots and pans).

I'm also angry because I love Venezuela, and it has been destroyed. I used to return every 6 months, now I do not return because the last time it was just too painful.

I have every right to be angry, and I am, as is every Venezuelan who's had to leave a truly beautiful nation with really great potential. Yes.

I am angry because I have experienced first-hand the injustices, and believe me, reading the news and living it - two different stories. It is far worse than it seems.

It is a dictatorship-style government with very communist policies, disguised as a democracy.

In Venezuela, he was often compared to Hitler because of his speaking style. This isn't me comparing him, it's me repeating what I've heard over and over. His speaking style has always been similar. And I wish I could say the white people thing was a joke, as it is absurd, but it is not. He said it. It's there. It was always a war against the European and American influence, a war against the longtime wealthy. Right or wrong, you cannot, as president, throw the blame on a portion of the population you are meant to represent and respect and build a better country and life for. I am sorry, but I stand by my opinion.

In principle, and on paper, many of his policies were good. From an outside viewpoint, he appears a savior. In reality, things are not as clean-cut. It all looks good if you just read a newspaper.

There is proof that Maduro is Colombian born, so in reality he should not be president.

He was a bus driver with minimal education prior to his joining Chavez. That can't be disputed. It is hardly a qualification to run a government.

And pardon my fervor, but I've skyped with my younger cousins and watched them whimper with the lights off, furniture against the doors, and seen the flash of grenades thrown at college student protesters via camera live. I've seen the military break into apartment complexes, tearing down the gates of the building my aunt lives in via her own camera (reasoning: protests by residents via "cacerolaso" - banging pots and pans).

I'm also angry because I love Venezuela, and it has been destroyed. I used to return every 6 months, now I do not return because the last time it was just too painful.

I have every right to be angry, and I am, as is every Venezuelan who's had to leave a truly beautiful nation with really great potential. Yes.

I am angry because I have experienced first-hand the injustices, and believe me, reading the news and living it - two different stories. It is far worse than it seems.

I'll agree with you that Ve

I'll agree with you that Venezuela's about as bad as it gets (full disclosure: It's the only South American country I've never been to, though we have very close Venezuelan friends). I just don't think your ideological oversimplification helps explain things at all, especially in a country where they're making it up as they go along (which Argentina's government is also doing, but in a slightly less desperate manner).

Back