Violent protests in Chile: Will this spread to Argentina?

Update on Chilean uprising, from Santiago

1. Latest research have concluded that to set on fire an torch 20 subway stations at the same time , requires advance and detailed planning and Precursor combustion acceleranting agents
  2. Burning toll booths on the Freeways requires planning and driving 20 kms and transporting flammable products, is not an outburst form a protest
  3. 70 % of the detained looters and burners are between 16 and 17 years old.
  4. Three areas of Santiago have no banks or Supermarkets all burnt to the ground as of Dec 19, 2019.
  5. Altogether 112 Supermarkets were torched and looted and 58 banks destroyed.

Update on Chilean uprising, from Santiago

1. Latest research have concluded that to set on fire an torch 20 subway stations at the same time , requires advance and detailed planning and Precursor combustion acceleranting agents
  2. Burning toll booths on the Freeways requires planning and driving 20 kms and transporting flammable products, is not an outburst form a protest
  3. 70 % of the detained looters and burners are between 16 and 17 years old.
  4. Three areas of Santiago have no banks or Supermarkets all burnt to the ground as of Dec 19, 2019.
  5. Altogether 112 Supermarkets were torched and looted and 58 banks destroyed.

I think that's exactly what Piñera was trying to say early on, when he said Chile was under attack. Unfortunately his public speaking skills leave a lot to be desired, so it was interpreted as the Chilean people being the enemy. Over the weekend I noticed he said the worst of the rioting is over:

I cringed when I read this. If you're still in Santiago, did this actually trigger more rioting?

I think that's exactly what Piñera was trying to say early on, when he said Chile was under attack. Unfortunately his public speaking skills leave a lot to be desired, so it was interpreted as the Chilean people being the enemy. Over the weekend I noticed he said the worst of the rioting is over:

I cringed when I read this. If you're still in Santiago, did this actually trigger more rioting?

It's a Friday Evening Activity.. the Protesters congregate and later some of the participants attack the Carabineros and loot some stores nearby.
In the last 70 days 15,000 pymes were looted and ransacked throughout the country , causing considerable loss of employment.

But he said precisely that or more like “we, the rich, are under atack”.

But he said precisely that or more like “we, the rich, are under atack”.
Very interesting, I had not heard "the rich" part before. I guess that is similar to when Piñera's wife said, shortly after the protests began, that they have to 'begin sharing their privileges' with the rest of the Chileans. That statement illustrates the mindset the controlling families have!

Very interesting, I had not heard "the rich" part before. I guess that is similar to when Piñera's wife said, shortly after the protests began, that they have to 'begin sharing their privileges' with the rest of the Chileans. That statement illustrates the mindset the controlling families have!

If you remove the word Begin.. changes slightly the meaning, becomes " We have to share our privileges" which is the correct thing to do!

Piñera's wife said we are under attack by aliens,.. Her statement was severely criticized , however no one knows YET who planned in advance and executed the burning of 25 subway stations at the same time..? Requires vast manpower , materials, Chemicals, and a budget not available to High School students? Local or Foreign financing?

Most of the burned Stations are in the low income sectors, thus creating great inconvenience for low income workers. The subway was the backbone of their means of transportation!! Hundreds of buses were torched also. Lines for buses were out of hand..!

No doubt this is a foreign planned and financed operation, they need Chile to go left same as Argentina since Brazil is a lost cause for now......

Back