visa query!!!

charlottezarb

Registered
hi there everyone, i know this may be a silly question but i can't seem to work it out, i'm australian and arrived in ba on the 5th of march, i realise that my 3 months is impending, do i need to leave at the 12 week mark or on the 5th of june? also does anyone have details of paying for the visa extension and pros and cons? i'm new at this and finding it a bit overwhelming! thanks for your help :). charlotte

Tourist visas are issued for 90 days, unless it states otherwise on the stamp. If you entered March 5, 2012, you'd have to leave on June 3, 2012 to avoid the overstay fee.

bradlyhale said:
Tourist visas are issued for 90 days, unless it states otherwise on the stamp. If you entered March 5, 2012, you'd have to leave on June 3, 2012 to avoid the overstay fee.

There are a few threads on this already, if you use the search function you should be able to find some more information.

If you want to stay, you can just pay the fine at the airport when you leave. I believe you can also pay this fine at migraciones now? Someone may be able to confirm that.

Or you can pop over to Colonia for a day trip (although there are risks attached to this and they are starting to crack down) I think others have mentioned.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Expat Life 6
F Expat Life 5
coopsgeyer Expat Life 4
D Expat Life 7
E Expat Life 5
Back