Visa Question - Proof Of Return Ticket Required? Help!

Thank you so much for your excellent replies! I will take your advice and book a ticket to Uruguay. I mean, I do have to leave the country eventually anyway so I may as well do it in good time :)

Hi, just added my experience, I flew in from Singapore to EZE 3 weeks ago. The immigration didn't ask me for a return ticket but I did see some passengers were requested to show their return tickets. So it will be safer to just get one for in case, as you said, Uruguay.

hope this help.

Thank you so much for your excellent replies! I will take your advice and book a ticket to Uruguay. I mean, I do have to leave the country eventually anyway so I may as well do it in good time :)

It seems that buying round way air ticket can be avoided or not necessary for different destination countries? Last time I had a round way ticket while visiting Peru and holding American Airlines tickets. Needed to change return date due to some mishaps and went to their Air Line office in Lima.
When trying to change the date of return,I was suddenly faced with an exorbitant amount given from the Airline counter person. She wanted to charge me almost half the cost of ticket just to change the return date a few days ahead. So from that incident on, I never buy round way tickets, just show them if asked for the onward ticket, just show a few visa/mc~Amex cards and tell them I will purchase them when Iam ready to move onto my next destination.

Hello, I am new writing on forum, but following it quite some time. Thank you for excellent help you unaware gave me already ;-).

Anyway, I would like to share my experience about airlines problems with visa. Happened in February, when I flew from Barcelona via Rome to Bs As with Alitalia. Me, extremely happy to finally start to live with my girlfriend in Argentina, was stopped by girl at counter, saying she can't find visa. You can imagine how my heart sank, since no amount of pleading and then swearing changed her mind. Luckily friends got busy and bought me 130€ ticket to Uruguay which satisfied girl, who then focused on my luggage. This I didn't care too much anyway, even if it was stupid an obviously result of my success on boarding without purchasing Alitalia return ticket ...

Now in July I was better prepared, I changed old Montevideo ticket with new dates and made excellent fraud for counter girl, but KLM obviously doesn't have the same criteria. There was no single question asked on topic I swear I never fly with Alitalia again after that (I had also other problems with them before, but this one was far the worst).

So, I recommend to everyone to be prepared to face this problem more calm and loosing less money than I did.

Just returned to Argentina after 5 months in Ecuador.

In Guayaquil airport when checking in the TAME agent said I needed forms from Argentina to prove I paid the fee. I showed her the stamp in my passport. She said I still needed the forms. After convincing her that the stamp showed I had paid the fee, she was angry so she pulled the you need a onward ticket. No other agents and no manager to speak to - it was 4:00 AM.

I ended up buying a refundable ticket from LAN.

I was extremely angry with the agent because it was clear she was trying to cause me trouble. Why? Maybe she didn't like the US passport. I don't know. But I encourage all to not give in to this scam to generate additional revenues for the airlines.

This has happened to be three times in the last three years.
1) TACA flight Lima to Havana (bought useless ticket)
2) Kuwait flight HCMC to Madrid (manager overruled agent and didn't have to buy)
3) TAME flight Guayaquil to Buenos Aires. (agent dug in her heals and I bought refundable ticket)

Note: I have NEVER been asked by immigration for a onward ticket. Never after approximately 500 border crossings.

This is just a scam by the airlines to generate additional revenue. I wholeheartedly agree with Lost in BA - fight this and make the agent's life miserable for attempting this scam. Hold up the line. Refuse to move without seeing a manager. Be angry but don't use curse words or threats which would allow the agent to summon security.

Don't fly TAME just to avoid this awful gate agent in Guayaquil. I was angry to the point that I thought she might call up security and prevent me from boarding.

If you buy a ticket from an agency they can print you up a fake itinerary.

There is a web site to print fake itineraries: http://omatic.musicairport.com/ But it looks like it is out of date. Any advice on print fake itineraries?

simple!

Use a old real iternary and just change the damn dates ! do it all the time!
I don't understand. Do you have a PDF that you modify with airline logos, etc?

Back