Visa Requirements

emilya said:
From an email from Migraciones on January 24: "No tienen vencimiento, y son los requeridos para iniciar los trámites de residencia, salvo que regrese a su país entonces deberá tramitarlos de nuevo"

May you please resend me that e mail?
Thanks

I'm also about to apply for a working visa and the required documentation is more less clear to me. However, can anyone help me with the following:

- Are there any tasks the employer has to do except for providing a working contract (because my employer doesn't want to have anything to do with the application process)?
- How long does the process take (once I have everything ready)?
- AND MY MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: I am now in Argentina but when I informed me beforehand in Switzerland the Argentinian Embassy told me that the change from a "tourist-status" into a working visa can only be done in the country of origin (im my case Switzerland), meaning that the required documents need authorisation from the Argentinian consulate in the origin country. I found the following note in that respect on the website of Migraciones. I'm not sure what they mean.. Can anybody help?

"IMPORTANT:
•All documents issued abroad must have the legalization of the Argentine Consulate, located in the country issuing the document Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, or Apostille, if the country has ratified the Hague Convention .
• Without detriment of that established on international agreements or conventions in force, any documents issued by consular representatives in the national territory must have the legalization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, except MERCOSUR

Back